Do You Accept ALL Of The Bible As Being 100% Truth?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Do you believe the Bible is unfallible, unerring and totally accurate?

Give us YOUR definition of those three words and it might make answering your question a little easier!!

• wobble
    wobble

I like many of the above posts,they express how I feel.

Just a question for Happyguy,

How do you know the bringing of our universe into existence was a deliberate act ? I know a lot of circumstantial evidence is there, but it could have happened as an accident in a sort of heavenly Laboratory could it not ? Or just an accident ?

It does look a bit of a "car wreck" from some points of view.

Back on thread, when I was a Dub I tried to justify all the contradictions and problems that the Bible contains, it took considerable cognitive dissonance and falling back on "Jehovah will make this clear".

I now know that it is no more inspired than other sacred writings,but inspired it is, but where does that inspiration come from ? probably from within the writers mainly, and their ability to tap into something you and I cannot, but what that is I know not.

I do not accept it as having 100% truth as far as say historical accuracy etc. but I do not think that means it is rubbish.

It is obvious that the WT do not think it is 100% true, as they have re-written so much of it, and substituted "Jehovah" in the NT with little reason, and no justification whatsoever in Revelation.

They do not believe what it says in Revelation about adding to it, they have added "Jehovah" many times,so are cursed by the writer of Revelation.

All sacred texts have a value, and all are open to interpretation and misuse.

Finally, what is truth ? (Thank you, Pontius)

Love

Wobble

• I quit!
    I quit!

I remember as a JW reading things in the Wt that dis'd liberal theologians for the way they questioned the Bible. Once I left the WT and started reading the BIble I couldn't understand how anyone could read it and not take parts of it a myths and see some problems with it. I recently attended a Bible study where we discussed things like how the Bible in places condoned slavery and other evils. We also discussed why some book were left out and other accepted. The witnesses and fundies act like God just came down and hand the Bible to Christians in its present form.

• donny
    donny

Like others, I now view it as fables and tribal writings of the era it was written. It was not an easy task to let go of the everlasting life promises and such found in the Bible, but I eventaully came to understand that my wanting it to be true was not going to make it anymore a truth.

I finally set aside my biases and blinders and looked at it from a logical standpoint and realized that it was no more true than any other of the various god and goddess tales that fill numerous volumes today.

Too many people do not enjoy life as they should today because they are sacrificing for a better life that they believe is still to come.

Live in the NOW.!!

Donny

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Deuteronomy 22 :13-21. Sensible teaching. Lots of it in the Old Testament. Words to live by. (not)

• minimus
    minimus

Not too many view the entire Bible as TOTALLY true, in the strictest sense, even the defenders can't accept everything without believing some stories are really allegories. Interesting.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why would you not believe the entire bible. It is wholly consistent throughout. It makes sense throughout. Although not being a scientific book, where it touches on science it is correct. Bible prophecy shows it is inspired, and everyone who lives by it lives peacable happy lives.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The talking snake and the talking donkey are hard to swallow

Noahs Ark has serious flaws

• minimus
    minimus

But you know Mr. Ed talked.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Do you believe the Bible is unfallible, unerring and totally accurate?

Give us YOUR definition of those three words and it might make answering your question a little easier!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit