What was your favorite Beatles song that you remember ?

by thetrueone 51 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good choice Dissed forgot that one, a well written and arranged song

• tinker
    tinker

I was, still am a complete Beatlemaniac, grew up in the 60's and the first Beatle song I recall hearing on AM radio was I Wanna Hold Your Hand. That was it for me, I was gone, totally in luv with the 4 Lads. I could never pick a favorite song, love em all, every one. Actually I think of their music in albums not individual songs. Rubber Soul, Revolver, Abby Road and I agree with Undercover the White Album is underappreciated, love Dear Prudence I recently saw the Cirque Du Soleil show LOVE in Vegas....I will never be the same. Absolutly amazing and moving. The interpetation of the Beatles music was beyond beautiful. That said I have to take exception to the view that all the new music is lousy. There will never be another group like the Beatles. Was it Karma that they came together, who knows but they truly are the Best Ever. Yet there are many up and coming singer songwriters and groups out there making wonderful music. Alicica Keys, Black Eyed Peas, I even like Lady Ga Ga. Brad Pasley is a great guitat player and crosses over from country to rock. That is the wonder of music it's ALL GOOD I've also seen Ringo and his All Star Band a couple times. He is very generous to showcase other performers and take a backseat himself. He talks about the inspiration they give him. Thank gawd for Elvis, Michael, Mozart and of course The Beatles, rock on

• tinker
    tinker

sorry about he smushed up post. I did space it, why does it do that? And please excuse my bad grammer, scratch 'Wanna' to I Want to Hold Your Hand

• poppers
    poppers

There are so many good ones it's hard to say with is my favorite, but here are a couple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY5i4-rWh44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8X4eoNfm5E

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that can be said is the song writing capabilities of Lennon and McCartney was a truly an unusual phenomenon.

It may have been their classical training they first received before they were famous which you can hear in some of their songs.

Their versatility in their writing was phenomenal, they really spearheaded a social revolution back in the 60's and onward that still holds

much in are social conscientious today. Glad and appreciative I was around taking it all in.

Sorry but Lady Ga Ga makes me Ga GA, she'll soon be forgotten because her 15 minutes of fame is just about up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lwzzln1WIk&feature=related

• Twitch
    Twitch

Plenty to choose from but if I had to pick one, it'd be Dear Prudence.

• dig692
    dig692

My top 3 faves are Hey Jude, In My Life, and Let It Be.

Did anyone see the movie Across the Universe? It's a musical that centers around the Vietnam War and there are like 25+ Beatles songs used in the movie to help tell the story. I recommend it to all the Beatles fans out there. I really enjoyed it.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Did anyone catch Paul on Later with Jools Holland?

It was just on here in the States on the Ovation channel.......

His band is awesome - they did "Ive Got a Feeling" and it sounded great.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I love the Golden Slumbers melody. I know it makes no sense, but when I was a JW and really depressed, I'd listen to that and it was like Paul McCartney was telling me that somehow everything was going to be okay. (Not literally, of course)

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Another one I forgot is "You Never Give Me Your Money".....I love that song......

Beatles songs are like Lays Potato Chips -"You cant eat just one!"

Like ilovebirthdays mentioned about Golden Slumbers, YNGMYM cheered me up a lot when i was a burned out JW.....

One sweet dream - pick up the bags and get in the limousine

SOON WE'LL BE AWAY FROM HERE........step on the gas and wipe that tear away......

One sweet dream came true.......today (awesome George guitar enters)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit