What was your favorite Beatles song that you remember ?

by thetrueone 51 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

Flipper, since your so much into peace, I bring you a peace song , enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RChR5DKgY_Y&feature=fvw

• thetrueone
  • thetrueone
  • oldflame
    oldflame

Imagine

John Lennon

CCmaj7FCCmaj7
    Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
    CCmaj7FCCmaj7F
    No hell below us, above us only sky
    FAmDmFGCG7
    Imagine all the people, living for to day. A-ha..
    CCmaj7FCCmaj7F
    Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do.
    CCmaj7FCCmaj7F
    Nothing to kill or die for, and no religion too.
    FAmDmFGCG7
    Imagine all the people, living life in peace. You-u..

FGCE7FG7CE7
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
    FGCE7
    I hope some day you'll join us,
    FGC
    And the world will be one
    CCmaj7FCCmaj7F
    Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can
    CCmaj7FCCmaj7F
    No need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man
    FAmDmFGCG7
    Imagine all the people, sharing all the world. You-u..

FGCE7FG7CE7
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
    FGCE7
    I hope some day you'll join us,
    FGC
    And the world will live as one

Well I thought this was a Beattles song but actually it is a John Lennon song but close enough. This was a very beautiful song.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A Hard Day's Night, Yellow Submarine, and Get Back are among the Beatles songs I remember most. And yes I believe the artistic quality of music has deteriorated significantly since then.

Example: I can remember the nice variety of music on the radio through the 1970s and 1980s. The quality of music was generally very good, and a song would have a hard time staying around unless it was exceptional. And, the early part of the 1990s was pretty good. Somewhere around 1996, I noticed the change. Artistic merit of most songs, except gangsta rap, was becoming blah. Most songs started sounding alike--you now have a mushy mix of alt-rock, adult contemporary, "country", and teeny bop that is hard to distinguish from each other (unlike the bubble gum music of the late 1960s and early 1970s, this "music" totally lacks any kind of life. Gangsta rap is the sole exception.

I blame the radio stations and the corrupt system that makes it so hard for a record label to get a song on the radio. You have to go through one or two people (and pay big bucks) to get a song on, and you have to kiss their a**es to keep the records on playlists. Make one mistake, or if they don't like your song, it will be stricken from whole regional and national playlists. The days where a DJ made a local decision to play or not play a song are long gone--and with it, the nice rich variety of music we used to enjoy.

This, in fact, may well be the first generation to complain about today's music for reasons other than because it is too "filthy". All other parents' generations before this complained because today's music is too dirty. Now, it is because it is too wimpy.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Totally agree WTWizard, quality and a lack of substance, combined with variety.

When most of the radio airwaves started playing gansta rap along with hip-hop, you could see the quality spiral its self down.

It might be the push toward money and fame that highlights the artists passions rather than the music they create for the people

and perhaps for themselves.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well being born in the 80s, I don't 'remember' it. But I like some of their songs, especially the ones George Harrison wrote. Has "Something" been mentioned? The video is good - who knew George had the most beautiful girlfriend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsBe1B8jvSY

I also like "She's Leaving Home", apparently based on a news story Paul McCartney read about a girl who ran away from home with a truck driver. Historian Callum Brown uses the song to illustrate how the change in women's role and the so-called permissive society in the 1960s let to the decline of Christianity in his book The Death of Christian Britain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukdvUknD2-M&feature=related

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    who knew George had the most beautiful girlfriend?

Clapton thought so too...."Layla, you got me on my knees!"

• nelly136
    nelly136

Help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit