Just curious... how many on here first became JW by door to door work Vs raised in?

by Aussie Oz 47 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

raised in, from age of 2.

lisa

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Born in, 3rd generation.

Only if............ can't change the past, but I will change my future

Kevin

• fokyc
    fokyc

My wife was contacted on the doors,

I 'joined' 10 years afterwards to try to keep the peace and a bit of sanity in the family,

never really fell for the lies, I became a 'country' member!

recent events have convinced me it certainly cannot be the truth OR God's organisation,

BUT my wife never changes.

fokyc

• ziddina
    ziddina

Dragged into it kicking and screaming - uh, to be more accurate, beaten into it - from the age of 5 onwards... Had I not been brutalized and thoroughly intimidated by the beatings and violence, I might have had the good sense to call my non-JW relatives when I was 15 or so, and requested their interference to GET ME THE HECK OUT OF THERE! Unfortunately, they lived several states over; had no influence since they were excluded [as 'worldlies'] from my isolationist parents, who would probably have fought tooth-and-nail to keep me "safe" [ha ha ha...] at home where I could continue being indoctrinated - 'taught the trooooth'...

Mumsy dearest would have enjoyed playing the martyred victim mother, that's for sure... Backfired on them, however, as their evil became clear, I no longer had any affection [for them] left whatsoever. I became free as a bird in my very early thirties and haven't spoken to them since...

Zid
    jk

• zoiks
    zoiks

Born in.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was contacted at the door in 1961 after their first visit & arrested
    by the Police in Montreal where they were forbidden to preach,
    when they came back 3 months later I started to study from the free bible & book
    it took me two years to quit smoking & get baptised....
    It took 25 years to make 10 people JW's ,
    Yes I suckered three of my five kids into getting dunked.
    For which I am truly sorry .Alan died ( not a JW) Annmarie is still JW
    Melanie died ( came out of the WT before she passed)Sue was raised ,now out!
    Heather >still in.( grand child) Of course Faith( daughter) was born & died long before I got into the cult

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Raised in. 3rd generation too!

Extremely difficult to get out as the roots are deep and intertwined pretty good.

I'm making the best of it, and overall is not that bad at all.

DY

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My mom was converted via Door-to-door and my older sister and father followed suit.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Born-in.

• undercover
    undercover

Mom was converted. Contacted through the door to door. Pops followed along but was never as serious about it, looking back on it now. Us kids were born into WT slavery.

I've gone back and tried to learn more about how my parents were raised and the religions of their parents/grand-parents.

My mom's side was much more religious than my dad's side. My mom joining the JWs was a major issue in her family.

My dad was never raised to go to church except for xmas and easter, weddings and funerals. When he joined the JWs his parents were pissed only because holiday traditions were being snubbed. But he chose his wife, my mom, over his parents and stuck it out. He must have had other issues with them because as I look back I've realized that he never really accepted JWism whole-souled. He let mom do all the hard stuff, like training indoctrinating us kids, forcing us in service and to meetings. Left to his own devices he wouldn't do anything. Too bad he allowed her to drag him, and us kids, into this damn religion...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit