Dead Relatives and the Resurrection. Why the need to See Dead People?

by VIII 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I would do anything to spend 5 minutes with my beautiful, beautiful brother that was killed in the prime of his life 2 years ago. However, he is gone and has become dust. I have no fantastical ideas that he exists in another realm or that he is anything but the ashes that sit on my dresser. He had a full life when he was alive. I now read a book in his honor and have a glass a wine in his honor and appreciate my life more than I did before. I also feel 80 years will be enough for me (never could understand what was appealing about forever)

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have come to accept that this is our life, there is nothing after. My wife feels differently. If she right that's great, if she's wrong no problem, neither of us will know, we'll be dead. The trouble with JW's id they are sacrificing the only life that is guaranteed, the one here and now, for what is unknown. I did this this for 42 years, I hate the WTS for that.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Magwitch......

You know, I am with you.

r.

• VIII
    VIII

Thanks Lady Lee. I honestly seem to recall pictures of old people coming alive and being welcomed by people looking thrilled. I just can't quite recall when; it has been years. It is a child-like view. The sleeping belief is why I don't believe in a soul, which drives my husband batty. He simply can't believe we were taught that. Being Catholic and all.

Magwitch, I am really sorry about your brother. Appreciating what we have while alive is and thinking about our loved ones is what I think about. I think that is a residual value from the dubs. Same thing with forever. I want to stay healthy while I can, however, I realize that there is only so much I can do.

• VIII
    VIII

cantleave, that is it. Why spend so much time on what is not guaranteed?

I tried having a conversation with an Aunt about something totally different this weekend and it ended up turning to "this system of things......yada, yada, yada". I was so annoyed. She totally turned the conversation to the JWs and what is happening on earth and when it will end. Our conversation had been going really nice. It was like a kick in the stomach. I wonder if they talk to everyone that way or just faders like me? UGH. And my Mom brought up some dead people she can't wait to see. Double ugh.

• dig692
    dig692

I haven't had any loved ones die (aside from family I never knew or met maybe once in my life) so I can't comment from experience, however in thinking about parent's who have lost their young children I would imagine they would want to see them again to make up for lost time so to speak, especially those parents who only had a few moments with their children.

If I put myself in that situation I would want to see my family again, just because we are so close and I miss them even when I don't see them for a day or two. I like their company and I like having such a strong connection, so losing a part of that connection would be hard to deal with, and I can't imagine not wanting to see my family again.

• agonus
    agonus

What happens when we die?

I don't know. As far as I can tell, I've never died. Have any of you?

• restrangled
    restrangled

V11....you're a sweetheart, thankyou!

r.

• VIII
    VIII
    What happens when we die?

I don't think so. Depends who you ask.

Since I was raised as a JW, I walked away believing that we have no soul and I am just a bag of cells.

What will happen when I die? I don't know. I am not going to waste time worrying about trying to make something/someone/somediety happy. Especially based upon what we have as proof. So, I'll go on my faith.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

There are ones that I loved who died and I would like to see them alive again. Jesus resurrected ones back to life. And hopefully I will get to see a resurrection of ones I so dearly loved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit