Dead Relatives and the Resurrection. Why the need to See Dead People?

by VIII 25 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

I guess you'd have to ask someone who died.

That's the tricky part.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Is there really anyway to still be fully human and have "no sorrows"?

Wouldn't that require a lobotomy of sorts?

How many of these resurrected dead have been the very ones to cause many of your sorrows?

Therefore, your memory would have to be erased if its to be a "perfect world".

• snowbird
    snowbird
    So, along that line, and with Minimus' question, how can you believe in the Resurrection and not Paradise, etc? If you do, why? Why is that/ was that such a happy thought?

I believe there will be two resurrections - when Jesus returns, and at the end of the Millennium. It's not just my relatives whom I would like to see returned; I would love to see a return of all who have died, spontaneous/elective abortions, stillbirths included.

You think the Master will allow the Evil One to win? I don't!

I no longer believe in the JW version of Paradise, e.g., people will be toiling to "make" the earth into a park-like garden, because if left alone, the earth will renew itself.

Sylvia

• nugget
    nugget

The belief is that when our relatives are resurrected they won't be old and sick they will be resurrected in the prime of life. They will be full of life and vitality.

My Nan was a wonderful person who never said a bad word about anyone. She was fiercely independent and in her younger days had been full of adventure travelling through Asia and the Middle East. I longed to see her again and still hope. There are people I know only from photographs and the idea of learning more was an exciting prospect.

For all those relatives who didn't believe I was happy knowing that when they were resurrected they would have to believe. After all the evidence would be overwhelming. Whatever objections they had whilst they were alive would disappear.

I appreciate others may feel differently but that was why the resurrection hope held a great attraction to me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How come all the people who want Ressurection,have nice relatives?..

If there is a Ressurection..

I`ll be wacking my Ressurected Relatives with a shovel..

And..

Getting them back in the ground as quickly as possible..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• Walkin
    Walkin

Its the never ending question: "Where Are The Dead?" Pick whatever answer, belief system etc. gives you comfort while you are the one living. Then when death comes with all its denials???????

Walkin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit