Holiday time were you sent to the library or not?

by restrangled 44 Replies latest jw friends

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

Library, Lunch Room, Hallway. Anywhere they could stash me. Sometimes they even made me right papers cuz they said I could not sit there with nothing to do. I went to school in the 90's. We even had to disappear for Pep Rallys.

How stupid.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Early 70's to the early 80's

For the class party my mom would usually pick me up early but you had to explain why you were leaving early. Flag salute was a huge stressor everyday. I dreaded little things like a substitute teacher, because a new explanation had to be given often in front of everyone. Then we were constantly being told about persecution and given scary scenarios, like what if someone came into school to force you yo salute the flag. Every time someone new entered the classroom I was terrified. What was worse was the projects and decorations that led up to the holiday, you just never knew when you were going you were going to have to ascertain if something was appropriate and give a good explanation, all at age 9. I had several teachers that put my desk out in the hall so I could work on a worksheet, while everyone else decorated Easter eggs. I guess that's why I never minded when my kids brought home those beautiful pine trees with big red balls on them in December! NMKA

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I was in grade school in the 80's. My mom worked part time, so she would come to the school and sit in the library with us- I think that there were 3 other JW's in my grade school.

eta- that's right, I forgot about missing pep rallys! School as a witness sucked ass.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks to all who responded. It's no wonder we feel a kinship on this website! Great stories everyone!

r.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

During the 80's - sent to the library or a classroom that scheduled their party on a different day. I preferred the library. However, we were allowed to learn christmas songs with the rest of the class if they were not in english as my mom considered it educational.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit