How "worldly" people REALLY view Jehovah's Witnesses

by HappyGuy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

When you are a JW it is pounded into your head that the "world" hates you, wants to kill you, runs around saying all kinds of horrible things about you, and would take away all your rights, freedom of religion, etc, if it could.

When I first left the WTBTS organization I told "worldly" friends and family about being a Jehovah's Witness. Not one of them said anything disrespectful, rude, insulting, or even unkind in any way. I could just as well have said "I'm a Baptist", or "I like comic books".

A few people who know that the WTBTS is a cult were concerned over my emotional health, but that was out of a sense of friendship.

I have never met ANYONE who on hearing the phrase "Jehovah's Witness" got upset or said "THOSE XXXXX". Most people really don't care.

I was in Brooklyn with a girlfriend several years ago and we could see the WTBTS HQ building and my girlfriend said "oh look honey the Jehovah's Witness building". And that was it.

Just another lie that the WTBTS preaches that proves they are a cult.

• minimus
    minimus

Worldly people rightly view JWs as odd, irritating, strange, uneducated, abnormal.....need I go on?

• carpediem
    carpediem

Well my experience was a bit different. I was raised going to church. Went all my life until I became a witness. I then had many well meaning friends trying to show me the error of my ways. Eventually when they realised I wasnt going to change my mind, they became really nasty, and they shunned me. So there you go. Not much different from the dubs after all. Mind you, the difference now being, they would probably welcome me back with open arms.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When you are a JW it is pounded into your head that the "world" hates you,

Actually the WBT$ like to have it both ways..

"The world Hates you/The world Looks Up to you "..

Of course both statements contradict each other..

• OUTLAW
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A thinking Jehovah`s Witness..

Does`nt think..

Crazy 1

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Most people really don't care...."

I keep getting 'happy-happy-joy-joy' cards from my hypocritical JW mom...especially around the date of my birthday... I asked the leader of my local "Ex-JW support group": "what was the best way to deal with this??"

Her reply? Priceless! "Ignoring JWs seems to upset them more than anything else!" [I think she said "piss off"]

Render rightly unto them their own insignificance!!

Zid
    jk

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

After associating with a witness years ago I can sum up my opinion with one word. Witnesses are "Scared".

Carpediem incorrectly summed up how we deal with witnesses as shunning. I find that with so many things happening around the world, and just one topic witnesses can discuss, they are void of the ability to think for themselves and thus have no opinion of anything other than their faith.

Why would a non believer associate with someone so incredibly BORING!!! I don't shun witnesses, but for my well being I find absolutely nothing in common with witnesses, therefore I spend most of my time with people capable of an intelligent discussion. If necessary, I have no problem dealing with a witness, but I sure as hell will not make an effort to communicate.

Besides all of this, isn't the sole purpose of witnesses to preach to non believers so THEY can convert, and thus save themselves from their own pitiful destruction. It's a sad broken record. It actually reminds me of a broken record that keeps skipping.

On a brighter note, the family is happily listening to Christmas music while baking cookies. Smells good.

Enjoy the holidays everyone....and yes , to all you witnesses as well!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

JW's are seen by some as a bit of Joke, but then that is hardly surprising, they disturb people on the weekends, talkin about a subject that they are not interested in. Some may think JW's are weird for not celebrating holidays. People who don't like JW's will have had a negative experience usually to to with blood transfusion refusal or break-up of families due to shunning. But on the whole, as has been said on this board so manty times, the majority of people don't take any notice of an irrelavant little cult of pathetic wannabees.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Most people actually view JW's as irrelevant. Except when they are woken up on a Saturday morning.

People who know I used to be one don't really care, although a few friends who have known other dubs and ex-dubs are convinced it is a cult, irrelevant but still a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit