Written Reviews...what did you really do during them?

by xeracia 34 Replies latest jw friends

• xeracia
    xeracia

Remember these silly tests they make you take? I don't remember how often they were, but thinking back on them, boy does it seem silly! Sitting there for half an hour trying to remember stupid stuff as if you are in school. And then going back and grading it. And everyone bragging about their scores after the meeting, as if getting a perfect means you are more spiritual than the others who didn't.

Did you all really sit through them and take the silly tests? Or did you doodle or read another book? I think for awhile I actually took them seriously and tried to get good scores (I was good at school stuff so I liked tests). But after awhile I just didn't even go to the meeting that night. It seemed such a waste of time.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I participated for years then towards the end I would just read the bible

• Gayle
    Gayle

Forgot about these. We use to have to turn those in to the "congregation servant" to check as it was back in early '60s. Made us so nervous, such pressure. Then later it changed (not sure what year) to ones just checking their own. Did that stop altogether? What year would that have been? I have such a "stack-up' of all those JW crazies and then another incident or other keeps popping up that has been forgotten.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember they were three times a year, at the end of April, August, and December. And yes, I used to take them seriously--usually I got something like 90% of the answers right. And I was honest with grading them--an answer that was half right I would mark it half credit.

Then, came the oral reviews 6 times a year. I haven't been to a boasting session where those were held, and therefore I haven't had the chance to dog one of them. But they can bet their bottom dollar of the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund that, if I ever get forced to take one of those oral reviews, I would dog it.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I also forgot about them. Do they still have that sort of thing? What an odd boring religion. I guess to an outsider I would liken it to a cross between a church meeting and going to the DMV to take your written driving test.

• wobble
    wobble

I remember too when your sheet was marked by the MS Servant, later we marked eachothers, then our own ,am I correct ?

In later years I used to find them such a piece of piss to do that I would do it in a few moments and then sit and read, or doodle etc.

Eventually I could not be arsed to do it, I just walked about during the time the others were struggling.

What a load of Boll***s .

love

Wobble

• iMARX
    iMARX

HAHAH OMG i totally remember these!!! My mum used to call them the Wrotten Reviews because she was rubbish at them. I used to sit and copy my dad when he wrote out his answers coz he didn't even need to "revise" for them. Then as I got older I sat at home on the Thursday afternoon and researched it all with my mum. God knows why no one in our cong didn't just write down all the answers on the paper that they give you (what was that paper called again, with the Theocratic Ministry School items on it??)

• iMARX
    iMARX

I also wondered why it had all gone quiet when I was little. Becuase I never listened to anything, all of sudden it would go silent and 10 minutes later I would notice and when I asked my mum she just told me to shush because she was concentrating LOL

• cantleave
    cantleave

They don't do them now it is an Oral () review instead. I used to be really competitve in the rotton reviews, although when I was kid the only ones I ever got right were the True or False in the first section.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I forgot about those. I actually loved them because it was at least something different. Mostly I would just write random words and enjoy the fact that I didn't have to pretend to listen to someone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit