Written Reviews...what did you really do during them?

by xeracia 34 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

i liked them because it was a change from listening.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember putting up my hand up to answer what I thought was a simple written review question, and that I could no way in the would be wrong about..."is it ever ok to lie? or some question like that." I said,.."no, I may have elaborated, but I think I was at the one word answers, so probably elementary age, so probably just a 'NO'.

I was wrong...I was so devastated, when he said..."um..anyone else?" The answer was something like..it is OK to lie if the person doesn't deserve to know the truth .

After getting over the embarrassment of being and answering wrong, the answer started to bug me. ,,Why is ok to lie sometime,..why couldn't those people getting killed for not turning away from jehovah, just SAY what they had to say to save their lives. After all Jehovah could read their hearts..but no..they couldn't lie and they died.

Now I know I was just way ahead of my time.

lisa

• crapola
    crapola

Sometimes I did them or at least part of them amd then I'd work on my checkbook or make out a grocery list for the week.

Got alot accomplished on those nights.

• cab1000
    cab1000

I would usually do what I did the rest of the time...day dream...

I remember my parents made us prepare for those things...and THEN we would have the family Study...yuck! My Kids have NO IDEA how lucky they are!

I remember too when they were answering the questions, and someone got a true/false wrong...and they'd say..any one else, and I would always raise my hand...lol...

• iMARX
    iMARX

Haha I put my hand up once and answered what I thought was a simple question because it was answered directly in the paragragh e.g. "There will be no more sickness in the Paradise" And the question was: "What won't there be any more of in the paradise?"

Becuase I was about 8 and I thought I was clever finding my own answer without mum or dad telling me if it was right or not, I answered and said: "There'll be no more sickness"

And the elder said: "No, there won't."

And I thought OMG I was wrong......he said NO arghhhh

I didn't look up for the rest of the study

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I would make up really stupid answers for the questions I didn't know the answer to, and then watch the reaction of the person who was grading them.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I loved 'em. They beat the regular meeting to death.

• xeracia
    xeracia

Wow. I had no idea they changed it to an oral review. When did that happen? Sounds just as dreadfully dumb as the written review of course. You're right...my kids have no idea how good they have it.

• AggieNostic
    AggieNostic

what I remember about the reviews in past times was that the platform was empty, there was a complete silence in the hall - except for the rustling pages of the bibles... there was a sense of calm almost...

I enjoyed the reviews - always loved the scripture match the question/statement section.

I also tried to always be the first one done and would make a triumphant closure of my bible and folding up of the review paper, hands behind head - maybe walk back for drink of lukewarm water - it was never plugged in to save electricity $$$ - at the fountain (of course I would always sit towards the front... and as I walked down the aisle - have a faint smile looking down at the busy test takers with a slight disdain... as if they were not as smart as I... hahahahahahha!!!!!)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Wish I had had my iPhone then! I could have been playing meowcenaries the whole time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit