my cousin's brother sends a card...grrrrr

by Mulan 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thank you. I was quite sure I wasn't being overly sensitive.

I have posted this before, but thought some hadn't seen it. This is the website I made to memorialize Sharon.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~herblst/sharon.htm

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Nelly!!! This is SO TRUE!!!

after
    shedding apearance tears to show their fake sorrow to my friends
    while they use the occassion to sales pitch some crappy tracts.
    My JW sister just did this to my ex-JW sister's husband at his dad's funeral a couple weeks ago. I was mortified! She can't even respect the way the family was greiving without making it a frigging public service announcement and recruitment tactic for the Borg! I was sick to my stomach.

Then, as soon as the funeral was over my Jw sister and mom made fun of the way that the widow believed that her husband was in heaven and how she "talked" to her own father who has been dead for years.

I astounded my mother, through my shock by saying "Well even you believe that 144,000 people are going to heaven, who is to say who they are! Do you know for a certainty that her father isn't in heaven?!

That actually shut her up!

Marilyn, I can't tell you how nauseated I am after reading that note. It's so insulting. The worst part is I know that his thinking is common among the R&F and that if I died tomorrow somehow, my JW relatives would be "sure" that the MS somehow twisted my brain into making me leave.

Not bloody likely!

Nelly is right, the people who will honor Sharon's memory most are the ones who really knew her, like you. Sad her brother really had no clue as to who she really was.

God knows that 2 of my 3 siblings have no clue who I am.

Grrrr. Repulsive. Whole note from start to finish, just awful. Sorry you had to see it.

love you,
    essie

• Francois
    Francois

More JW bullshit. I let it roll off my back like a duck.

When I was 19 years old, I allowed myself to be hypnotized on a local TV program. That caused a stir, I'll tell you what's a fact.

Then, in my mid-twenties, I just walked out of the Borg and never looked back. I'm 56 now. And for all the years in between, I have been accused of being demonized during that hypnotism when I was 19 and that's what led me out of Da Troof. I still hear it from time to time. Any port in a storm. Any argument whether it makes sense or not.

Like I said, more JW bullshit.

Francois

• LDH
    LDH

CANCER?!?!?! People leave a cult because of brain cancer?!?!?

Lisa
    Calling the Oncologist class

• terafera
    terafera

What's really scary is that letter sounded all too familiar..

I have heard excuses like that one for over 5 people I know that have left the Organization. Even my own mother (Miss Strong Sister at the time) accused the high blood pressure medicine I had been on since I was 5 as making me crazy and not want to go to meetings. I can't recall how many times my siblings, father or I was called demonic or possessed for not putting up with her crap.

That card made me think of something my sister said to me a few months ago. I am expecting to have surgery in the near future and was remarking how I was nervous to go through it. She said, 'well if you want everything to go right, you know this is the time to get your butt back in the meetings! I dont know why with health problems you dont go. You know Jehovah isnt listening to your prayers.'

I didnt know what to say back. I know with all my heart that God listens and answers my prayers.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say we are all sick but not shocked at this man's thinking. Your poor cousin probably felt his judgment on her in her healthy years too as the result of his 'beliefs'. Sad...

Tera

• Flip
    Flip

Illustrates how really effective the WTBTS is at what they do, not only do they instill the behavior your brothers cousin exhibited; it attracts those who are already like him.

Flip

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

It is a shame that Sharon's brother said what he did. However, regarding writing him back, but sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. The reason I say this is you risk loosing a friend in the process. Prehaps your Elder's Wife friend will not be as open with you in the future. She might be very valuable to you, in some unforseen event. So why risk it? Furthermore, your letter will fall on deaf ears anyway, after all you are "unaproved association" in this man's eyes anyway. Just some thoughts I hope you read.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Mulan
    Mulan

My friend doesn't mind if I write him. He lives in California, and I live in Washington. We were close as kids, but obviously not since we all left the Borg. He is 58, and not an MS or an elder, but acts like he is on the verge all the time. And he married a special pioneer in Chile, who has now left the WTS, and they have three sons, all not dubs. Hmmmm. What does that tell you?

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Okay, I was going on information as I understood it. Well then, write away if it makes you feel better. I know it would me. But like I said I would never deliberately do anything to hurt a close friend's feelings. Sounds like only Sharon's brother has no clue about the real truth. It seems to me if his Special Pioneer wife from Chile and their three sons are smarter than him.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Marilyn, your description of your cousin really had me laughing. No wonder he at least has some "hope" that his dead sister "paid the price" and thus might be eligible for a resurrection -- he's one of the "weak" ones. (laughing) If he were one of the "strong ones" like my husband's family, he would say, "Too bad too bad, no hope for a resurrection since she died unfaithful."

In my opinion neither view is better than the other. Both reveal a lack of Christian love. Your cousin is probably viewed as pathetic by most of his congregation for having such a view. And he is pathetic. Either be in or be out. Too bad he's IN but can't even make it to MS! How sad! His own friends must look down upon him. Imagine living such a sad existence with a former special pioneer wife who is now completely out and three kids all out of da troof! I think you should take this opportunity to set the poor guy free so he could have at least a few years of happiness while still on this earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit