The Knowledge of good and evil

by ldrnomo 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

So what's the deal with this anyway? Did he not want man to know the difference between good and evil? If he gave us free will wouldn't he want us to have all the knowledge we could so we could make a decision based on that knowledge?

So does this mean that before they got the knowledge of good and evil they saw nothing wrong parading around with nothing on and after they ate from this tree they covered themselves up. Is modesty part of this knowledge that we now have? What kind of drug did this tree contain anyway to all of a sudden give them full awareness?

I don't understand all of this stuff. It just seems like total nonsense to me. I also wonder what "perfect" humans did with their waste, did they bury it or just squat whenever they needed to excrete and walk away? Maybe when they were perfect their sh*t didn't stink.

LD

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Smelt like roses.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Man never was perfect.

It has all been trial and error.

And when it fails, the project gets scrapped.

Haven't you noticed we upgraded from Neanderthals and now they are extinct?

Perhaps the age of free will is when man developed his conscience.

But then, this would mean that the GB are either evil or that Neanderthals never died out.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's the first biblical attempt to convince you that you are wrong, that you are born wrong, and that you will die wrong, unless you recognize the god of the men you follow.

• Farkel
  • trueblue
    trueblue

It is hard for me to grasp too, but I believe that there never was a tree of good and bad, at least on a material plain. It was a symbol of something that exsisted on a spiritual level and still exsists as it states in the bible that it is being gaurded by flaming swords.

Food for thought

• parakeet
    parakeet

You beat me to it, Farkel! As soon as I saw the thread title, I thought of your essay.

ldrnomo, be sure to read this. It's a classic.

• Dagney
    Dagney

If you have faith to believe in the talking snake, then you might as well have faith in fruit with magic powers.

If not...walk away from Genesis...walk slowly away.

• trueblue
    trueblue

One day in the Garden of Eden , Eve calls out to God, "Lord, I have a problem!"

"What's the problem, Eve?"

"Lord, I know you've created me and have provided this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, and that hilarious comedy snake, but I'm just not happy."

"Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above.

"Lord, I am lonely. And I'm sick to death of apples."

"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for you."

"What's a 'man', Lord?"

"This man will be a flawed creature, with aggressive tendencies, an enormous ego and an inability to empathize or listen to you properly. All in all, he'll give you a hard time. But, he'll be bigger and faster and more muscular than you. He'll be really good at fighting and kicking a ball about and chasing fleet-footed ruminants.

"Sounds great," says Eve, with an ironically raised eyebrow.

"But, you can only have him on one condition."

"What's that, Lord?"

"You'll have to let him believe that I made him first."

• glenster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit