What Ever Attracted You To The Witnesses In The First Place?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

breastmilk

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Muffin Eggs & Shasta Cola.

I remember that they used to spell it muff-n-egg. Wrong on so many levels.

• Walkin
    Walkin

The "Blue Bomb" "The Truth That Leads To Eternal Life" pre- 1975.

Walkin

• Dagney
    Dagney

I used to pray to Jah thanking him for letting me be a born in because I would NEVER, ever have believed it if I was contacted door to door. Ever. I don't think there would have been anything that would attract me.

I could have listened to that inner voice a bit earlier. It was there...screaming at me.

• 2aTap
    2aTap

Walkin,

The "Blue Bomb" certainly played a part with me - it sounded good at the time

Also, it must be said, I was never exactly impressed by what I had seen in the "mainstream" (or any other, for that matter) churches. These never did seem to have any relevance to the "modern world" - even the modern world of 40 years ago.

• designs
    designs

Listening to that inner voice is important...even if its schizophrenia

110 years ago my family got involved.

• GLOWCELL
    GLOWCELL

skitzophrenia is drug related not voice related...

check out The Number Of The Beast by IRON MAIDEN!!!

...a personal favorate of mine. TOSS

I bet HEADS on STICKS.!

GLOWCELL

...listen to schizophrenia by Sonic Youth

• minimus
    minimus

More people hurried into the "Truth" because of the "Truth" book. I knew groups of dozens at a time getting baptized at the assemblies from one Hall. The elders went over the baptismal questions, not individually, but in a group setting!

• ziddina
    ziddina

"What attracted me??"

YUK! NOTHING! My idiot parents dragged and beat me into the cult - er, "high-control group"...

Underneath it all, I was struggling to be a "Happy Pagan"... Zid
    jk

• kazar
    kazar

I was 18 years old, married with two children, had rejected Catholicism at age 14. Along came the Witnesses with Paradise Earth and I converted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit