What Ever Attracted You To The Witnesses In The First Place?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think many became JWs because it made them (for a while) feel better about themselves! ....like they knew about something no one else could have. They loved feeling privileged. They belonged to an exclusive club.

• Heaven
    Heaven

My parents, specifically, my mother. You have to study or you won't live forever. Luckily I escaped when I left home to go to College. So I guess the answer to your question is ... nothing attracted me. I never joined. The wackness just kept happening in my family as my parents were sucked into the void. I guess I was lucky enough to see it and far enough away to avoid being sucked in too.

• minimus
    minimus

Heaven, you were kind of drafted.

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

I agree minimus, when I was in high school I kept thinking...wow, not many people here know the new 'truths' i now know. And I did feel part of an exclusive club, haha. I was dumb and didn't know what to do with my life, and here comes a JW at the right moment to make me feel special and point me in the right direction. Glad I woke up before my life was over.

• minimus
    minimus

How do you think toilet cleaners and window washers can feel so good about themselves? They're in a most elite class.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Nothing.

But for my parents it was the "fact" that the JW's had the answers to all theur questions, didn't matter that they were the wrong ones it seems.

• Casper
    Casper

I was dealing with the very early stages of a personal tragedy, so I was easy pick'ins.

Also, as was mentioned above, I didn't have "Any" previous bible knowledge, at the age of 28... and being too trusting, it was nice to have most of my questions answered.

(or so I thought)

Cas

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Its a very manipultive and cover religion.

They focus on people with little or no bible understanding, teach them THEIR view of things as "gospel" and then tell them there is NO WAY to understand this but through the WT and that doing any research on your own will lead you to false ideas then they list those "false ideas" because they KNOW that is what the bible will show.

Very coniving.

• TD
    TD

Green eyes, auburn hair and long legs. --I'd do it again.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nothing..

I was forced into it from Childhood..

I escaped..

.................. ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit