What Ever Attracted You To The Witnesses In The First Place?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have an excuse, I was born in it. The thought of living forever AND never dying was certainly a draw but when I realized it wasn't true, there wasn't much of an attraction anymore.

What attracted you as a Witness?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have an excuse, I was born in it. The thought of living forever AND never dying was certainly a draw but when I realized it wasn't true, there wasn't much of an attraction anymore.

SNAP!!!!

• GLOWCELL
    GLOWCELL

EUPHORIA

that JW song ...but the bible tells us...

...la la la lala

PROGRAM???

the number of the beast

• snowbird
    snowbird

Their moral uprightness.

Sylvia

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

I was a 17-18 year old who never had bible questions answered. Witnesses were the first to answer ANY question I had, so it sounded good when you get everything answered even though they are the wrong answers.....especially when you are that age.

• GLOWCELL
    GLOWCELL

Hallaback

It is a miracle...

where did I put that upright pint of heniken

• dissed
    dissed

I was 16 and thought it was a great way to pick up chicks.

"Hey babe, I'm a JW, what's your religion?"

• dig692
    dig692

My brother told me the other day that he thinks I was attracted to the JWs because I wanted somewhere to fit in. Funny, I never thought of it that way but I think he's right.

• undercover
    undercover

I was born into it as well...indoctrinated from birth. But I still could have tried to use my brain sooner than I did. I accepted the notion of JWs being seperate from the world and proving it by avoiding politics and warfare.

When other claims and predictions started to fall apart was when I wondered if I was being duped.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was 25, and lived a lifestyle that would have probably killed me or landed me in prison by the time I was 30. I knew a drastic change was necessary. I dumped all my friends and associates, but found nothing better. Being in the middle of a recession and unemployed didn't help. Neither did being lonely. I was depressed and on antidepressents for it. My mom talked me into having a "study". I said ok. A JW offered me a job, and I needed the money. One shit thing led to another and before long I was in it up to my neck.

Hitting rock bottom can cloud your judgement badly. A lying, smiling bastard in a suit with a hope for a "future", a job offer, and an instant community of people who (supposedly) aren't trying to fuck you over is hard to resist when you're in such a state.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit