Greetings

by AggieNostic 34 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great tell. I feel for the bitterness and I feel for the sweetness in your life as you find more and more enjoyment outside of WTS.
    Thanks for telling.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Nice story AN, people that were born into the JWS and who have most of their family involved with this corrupt religion

can appreciate what you have gone through, you escaped with your mind and soul intact and thats not an easy accomplishment.

Freeing yourself from ignorance, fear and corruption of a pretentious religious publishing corporation will prove to be a real benefit

toward you and your family in the future. Welcome here and welcome to humanity.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks for sharing your story.

Are you an Aggie, maybe from College Station.

nosey me, used to live down there.

purps

• dissed
    dissed

Welcome, and I trully enjoyed your opening story...looking forward to more as you continue to adjust to life outside the WTS

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

An incredible story Aggie. Welcome.

It's funny you mention living with a gay man for a while and finding that he really understood "being different" and finding your own way in life. I've found that the gay friends I have understand my JW experience very well. Whenever I talk about what I went through in leaving the JW's and coming to terms with who I am outside of the org, they relate it to their coming out of the closet.

I'm so happy for you that you are surrounded by such wonderful family. And your wife going to Uni at age 44...BRAVO to her!

I look forward to reading your future posts.

tall penguin

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

What a really great story. I'm so happy your family stayed in tact and you all are happy and living your "own life." I look forward to hearing more.

• Lease
    Lease

oops,

i posted on your duplicate post that did not have as many details.

either way,

WELCOME!!!!

lease

• Tristram
    Tristram

Welcome Aggie.

There are so many parallels between our life stories that it's almost scary!

• mouthy
    mouthy

BoY!! What a well written post. You made my day!!! Welcome to our family
    I was so PLEASED to hear you & the wife are together again.& your kids
    are going to higher education. This is the kind of post that make me feel
    that mindcontrol CAN be overcome....Thank you SO much for posting
    Give the Missus a great big hug from this Granny,for taking you back,THAT IS LOVE!!!!!
    Sounds like she is a bundle of love .

Thanks again for making my day ((((HUGS)))& to you both Grace Gough

http://exjw.weebly.com/

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome AggieNostic! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It gives me hope that maybe one day my father will see the light. He is old now but I know there are some doubts in his mind.

You said: I still have a hard time truly enjoying myself as I feel guilty for having uninhibited fun.

I saw this so very much with my own family. Many times I was asked "What do you want to do that for?" I had to justify everything, even as an adult. Even the simplest things like going for a walk. It made me sad to see my loved ones so downtrodden. And there was so much depression, especially in the women. I have also noticed a seething anger just below the surface of their painted on "I'm the happiest person on the earth" facade. The WTS does not embrace True North Principles and it has very damaging effects on its members... and their families.

So glad you and your family got out. Now you are in recovery mode. It will take some time. But now, instead of answering "Where will we go?" you have the freedom to ask as well as answer ... "Where do we want to go?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit