Greetings

by AggieNostic 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum!!!

So glad that you still have your family. When all is said and done, this is the most important thing.

It is such a incredible blow when you finally slow down from the frantic "theocratic pace" enough to think and begin to have that creeping feeling that all is not right within the WTS.

I cannot imagine being young, newly married, child on the way, and being told to find some way to continue pioneering by men who probably worked at jobs full time without pioneering.

My husband was an elder for twenty years. He also never said no. We were a family in that frantic pace.

We are celebrating Christmas this year, as we have for the past four. In fact, we have lights up outside. No, amazingly, we are not df'd. I do not have family who are witnesses, and could care less if they don't like the beautiful lights.

My daughter is in college, and doing great. I am glad to hear that your wife is also in school. And so, now, what about you? You can go to school on-line these days. Give it a thought.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

BabaYaga I got the joke. hahahaha Abbie Normal

• etna
    etna

Great story aggie, it really sounds alot like mine, except I lost my first wife(I'm sorry I did she was and still is a wonderful woman and mother) and married someone I met at work and now she's left me(karma I suppose).

I was dfs but got back in, anyway I don't want to bore you, I enjoyed your story. I couldn't stay in the org as to many hypocrites and to many lies.

All the best and I'm glad your wife is with you

Etna

• the real life
    the real life

Welcome and thank you for sharing your story!

I'm a 25-year-old female, but there were many parts of your story that I could relate to. I was also married at 19 and had a similar "awakening" experience (due to attention from a man in his 30s who offered me a completely new perspective on life) that made me realize I didn't really have any life experience and made me want to get to know myself better. That experience led me to where I am today - I feel like I know who I am, what my assets are, how I can contribute to my environment, how to be a good friend, how to make thoughtful, honest decisions - things I didn't have a grasp on as a witness. Of course, there were a lot of negative consequences as well (I'm no longer with my husband, though that's turned out for the best for both of us).

I've heard several ex-witnesses say that we intuitively know when we are things just aren't quite right, and sometimes events just fall into place to get us out of those circumstances (maybe we are subconsciously attracted to whatever will get us out). For me, it almost felt like a natural process leaving the organization. I was just kind of along for the ride. Anyway, I'm happy that things turned out well for you, and especially that you were able to keep your family in tact.

All the best to you.

• AggieNostic
    AggieNostic

Ha! I just now got the Abbey Normal comment... too funny!!!!! How did I miss that????????

To all who commented, and the hundreds of others who have read this post.... thanks for the kind words and your thoughts. I am sure my story mirrors so many - there is a large number of us that grew up as JWs in the 70s and 80s that feel very similar.

I'm looking forward to contributing to this forum in some small way... I certainly have been helped by all of your threads over the years - more than words can express. It would be selfish of me not to contribute and give back even if only in a small way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit