The Sign of Matthew 24 shows we ARE NOT in the last days

by Mad Sweeney 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

sinis,

With all due respect, you sent me to a page where the book of Enoch is being reviewed as to its contexts and it gives someone's interpretation of Enoch I.

You started out saying that Enoch refers to himself as "son of man" in Enoch 71:14, and when I pulled out this book and looked it up, I found it says no such thing at Enoch 71:14.

Now you are copying over a statement made on some website giving the interpretation of another person. That is not what I asked you for. You said Enoch refers to himself as "son of man", and the writer of the article you copied also makes this statement. What I am asking you for, because the writer does not cite where to find this specific statement from Enoch, is do you know where in Enoch says he is the son of man? Please cite the specific text, for it is not in 71:14

I have the book itself and would like to look that up in the context to see if it is true. I have to go to work now but will be back later tonight or tomarrow. Thanks Lilly

• sinis
    sinis

Revelation 6:14

And the heaven was removed as a scroll when it is rolled up; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Isaiah 34:4

And all the host of heaven will wear away, And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll; All their hosts will also wither away As a leaf withers from the vine, Or as one withers from the fig tree.

2 Peter 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Matthew 24:

29"But immediately after the (AI) tribulation of those days (AJ) THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND (AK) THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

30 "And then (AL) the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see (AM) the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

Interesting site for Enoch:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/bb/enoch.htm#top

• sinis
    sinis

Enoch LXXI: 14

Angel greets Enoch as the "Son of man"...

• transparentGreen
    transparentGreen

I don't know, but aren't we all "son (or daughter) of man"? Or are some of us test tube babies bred from hyena's?

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

LUKE 9:22 "THE SON OF MAN MUST SUFFER MANY THINGS AND BE REJECTED OF THE ELDERS AND CHIEF PRIEST.....AND BE RAISED THE THIRD DAY. LUKE 9:26 "FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL BE ASHAMED OF ME AND MY WORDS, OF HIM SHALL THE SON OF MAN BE ASHAMED." REV. 1:7 "BEHOLD,HE COMETH WITH CLOUDS, AND EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM, ALSO,THEY WHICH PIERCED HIM."

• cantleave
    cantleave

"We are in the last days, soon this wicked world will be destroyed, paradise will be restored and Jehovah's people will live forever in a Paradise on Earth. I sense the closeness, cantleave I doubt if you will get to secondary school in this system." - My mum 1975

"We are in the last days, soon this wicked world will be destroyed, paradise will be restored and Jehovah's people will live forever in a Paradise on Earth. I sense the closeness, cantleave I doubt if you will ever have to work for a living in this system." - My mum 1980

"We are in the last days, soon this wicked world will be destroyed, paradise will be restored and Jehovah's people will live forever in a Paradise on Earth. I sense the closeness, cantleave I doubt if you will get married in this system of thing." - My mum 1985

"We are in the last days, soon this wicked world will be destroyed, paradise will be restored and Jehovah's people will live forever in a Paradise on Earth. I sense the closeness, cantleave your children will be under Jehovahs righteous rulership in the New Order." - My mum 1995

"We are in the last days, soon this wicked world will be destroyed, paradise will be restored and Jehovah's people will live forever in a Paradise on Earth. I sense the closeness, cantleave I doubt if your children will get to school in this system." My mum 2005

Can't wait to see what Crap she'll spout in 2010.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Sign 9. Good news preached in all earth/all nations. Not sure about this one. Are there Christian missionaries in the Uyghur provinces of China? In Pakistan? All nations? Really?

The True God has more ways to sound his alarm.

Luke chapter 19: Pharisees from the crowd said to him: “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.” 40 But in reply he said: “I tell YOU , If these remained silent, the stones would cry out.”

Also a double edge sword cuts with bothe sides, so in other words when the word is being preached and some rubuke or fight against it then some in the back of their heads wonder just what is all the fuss and may secretly look in to it for themselves.

Hebrews 4: 12 For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart. 13 And there is not a creation that is not manifest to his sight, but all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of him with whom we have an accounting.

That is where JWs fail misserably to convince me that they have the full truth for they always get upset if anyone even questions their faith because when they are being questioned it is actually spreading the word.

After all it is God's war not the JWs

Then they said: “Lord, look! here are two swords.” He said to them: “It is enough.”

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

SON OF MAN - Ez 16:2 - all of Ezekiel he is called son of man. Son of man likely refers to annointed/elect/prophets/chosen by God.

As for false Christs - Christ means annointed, which is prevalent today, even outside of JW's.

What's interesting too, is that with the knowledge and understanding of scriptures all of a sudden going on for many, it would be part of prophecy that they are on God/Christs side, but at the same time fits description of the false christs, in the sense of people being able to distinquish true from not true. In that aspect, everyone needs to trust in God and make sure every slight thing they may be persuaded to believe is in agreement with the scriptures and their conscience, having faith in God.

Book of Enoch - That book, Secrets of Enoch, and a few others similar found in the dead sea scrolls or over 1,000 years old, do contain information which seems too accurate or in agreement with the bible to just dismiss.

At the same time, some of them appear to be in agreement with the bible, but with the additional information changing the entire meaning of some things. Or seem to give more insight, and the additional information contradicts or is against what's taught in the bible. Those books, if gonna read any, you will need to have a LOT of time on your hands or give yourself a lot, because they will raise many questions.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Sinis,

You are just fooling with me now. You are telling me it is found in LXXI:14 which is 71:14 and I already told you that it says no such thing. Have you read this in Enoch yourself or are you just copying someone else's information? I have the book in front of me and again, it says no such thing.

• cheerios
    cheerios

well duh ... of course it doesnt say anything! books cant talk! unless you got a demonized book from a garage sale .. that could probably talk .. it would probably tell you to make a facebook account and text all your friends to follow your twitter account

just saying

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit