Were You Joyful When A Meeting Had To Be Canceled?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

After the '94 earthquake in Northridge, we had several meetings canceled. Loved it

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was in a congregation that cancelled meetings fairly quickly even at the report of a winter storm coming in the evening. They were pretty reasonable about that.

For such a happy people to be favored with the truth and a special assignment from God, we were thrilled to miss a meeting. It was not made up on another night as there really weren't any available.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I used to hope for blizzards, even in summer. Especially for a$$emblies (I have only seen one a$$embly, a Great Boasting Session, get snowed out (for 3 feet of snow in two separate storms). And I liked it when no one showed up for field circus because of bad weather or because finding a parking space would be almost impossible.

However, I got p***ed when a storm missed us, the storm wussed out and we only got an inch instead of a foot of snow, it turned to rain, or those cockroach witlesses decided to have the boasting session anyways despite a foot of snow. I wish they would all get stuck in a snowbank or slide off the road into a tree when they decide to have the boasting session despite a blizzard or ice storm.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Yes, I loved it when the meeting got cancelled in winter weather. I hated bundling my kids up and taking them out of the nice warm house to go to the meeting. Here in Boston area it gets very cold in winter. So staying home was a treat. We would have hot cocoa and watch a disney movie with the kids. A great family time. Because it can get so bad here, in winter we usually had 2 or 3 cancellations.

In fact we are having a snow storm outside right now. Will turn to rain later though.

• iceguy
    iceguy

I was at a CA in Salisbury NC that cancelled the afternoon session on sunday because of snow. I was so happy it cancelled and that I got to drive in the snow on the way home in my Toyota 4runner 4wd!

• sd-7
    sd-7

It was like having a day off from work or school! The feeling of a weight lifting off of one's shoulders, the joy of actual sleep, oh, man! That was like, one of the best things ever, even when I believed the stuff. I was never disappointed if they cancelled, always hoping they would. Actually, there was one time they didn't even call us and I tried to go anyway when the weather was bad. That will hopefully be the last time THAT mistake happens, and I'm sure the missus won't put the kid at risk to make a meeting, so, odds are it will be.

To sum it up in one word: Sweeeeeeeeeeetneeeeeeeessssss!!!!

SD-7

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Were You Joyful When A Meeting Had To Be Canceled?

Those were some of the best days of my life.

W

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

HELL YEAH!!! quietly of course. Finally some free time. I mean damn between school, homework, family bible study, field service, and meetings. No wonder I have no hobbies for myself, and have no idea how to sleep in. Anyone else have this issues?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, my wife's meeting tonight is cancelled for the inclement weather. I know because I am still on the secretary's email list somehow.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Meeting cancelled?

I was like ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit