Were You Joyful When A Meeting Had To Be Canceled?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Bourne
    Bourne

This question is like the one about masturbation.

1/2 admit it.

The other 1/2 lie about it.

Bourne

• independent_tre
    independent_tre
    Yes, I loved it when the meeting got cancelled in winter weather. I hated bundling my kids up and taking them out of the nice warm house to go to the meeting. Here in Boston area it gets very cold in winter. So staying home was a treat. We would have hot cocoa and watch a disney movie with the kids. A great family time. Because it can get so bad here, in winter we usually had 2 or 3 cancellations.

*cringes*** that just brought back an awful memory of me trying to make a bookstudy in a blizzard with my infant daughter bundled up and fighting the wind and snow after coming home from a long day at work. I HATED THAT!! But since I was hounded by elder so-in-so for missing meetings, I ended up doing stupid ish like that. GOD, I'm glad that part of my life is over with!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It was great when they cancelled - they didn't bother rescheduling - yay. But then again they didn't cancel too often.

• nugget
    nugget

I have never had a meeting cancelled ever. Once we were hall cleaning on a freezing Saturday and I noticed that the water had frozen in the pipes. I have to admit that I contacted an elder hoping that the KH would be shut down over the weekend. Unfortunately several brothers spent Saturday afternoon defrosting pipes and put a new instruction in place to keep the hall heated during inclement weather to prevent it happening again. The hall was back in business that Sunday.

It was all my fault if I had kept silent no one would have known until it was too late since none of the elders cleaning the hall had noticed the lack of running water. One even used the loo and didn't notice that the cistern wasn't refilling.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Joyful.

What a loverly word.

I'm with the Sac on this one

A cancelled pubic talk was a blessing from Gee Hoover in my books. They were far too few and far between for our King Dumb hall's golden boy's liking.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit