Lost life

by peggy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I am so sorry Billy.

It must be hard to take.

Stay strong and keep exposing the truth.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Rumor is that he left voluntarily. Who knows. Rumor is that he had health issues with kidney stones, also depression.

I don't know anything about him, but it is sad to hear. I do know that many have said that they left voluntarily and really were asked to voluntarily leave. It isn't really the same. I stopped lurking on this site and joined when the topic of Bethel layoffs came up. I had to comment. It is really disgusting that WTS makes members feel like 'family' and even gives the special status of 'Bethel family members' to their full-time volunteers at HQ. They do this, but treat them like cogs in the machine.

They can take a young person and use him up and cast him aside- some family. I cannot imagine that a fellow with health issues would walk away from a lifelong position with healthcare unless he knew there was something else for him. I cannot imagine that admitting to depression is a good career move for someone who wants to stay at Bethel.

• dissed
    dissed

Pretty bad, very bad and very sad.

He felt there was no way out, no hope, just despair.

Very sorry for his loss.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

This is horrible and I don't know what to say.

I hope and pray that there is something beyond this existance, and that these tortured souls have found the peace and joy that was amiss in this life.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Peggy,

Please accept my condolences for your loss, even though Jim may not have been a close personal friend. The circumstance is tragic nonetheless.

There were many times that I wanted to take the subway somewhere, anywhere, just to escape the pressure of Bethel/congregation life. I loved being a Bethelite but found it too physically and emotionally enervating. There were some attempted suicides while I was there and several runaways.

I survived physically ...

Much love,

CoCo

• Decided
    Decided

There were two of my second cousins who killed themselves last year. They were both JWs. The pastors neice tried to kill herself a few days ago. It seems to be going around in all religions.

Ken P.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Now I just can't help but wonder if Jim was here as Bethelite Elder . I PMd Bethelite Elder but never got a reply. His early posts sounded like he was in Bethel. But his later posts, or lack thereof, sounded like he had left.

???

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Are there any links to public records, news stories, etc. relating to these JW suicides? I'd like to show my wife but she's not ready to come to this forum yet. Thanks.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If "Jim" was from Oregon, then I knew him, too.

He was my neighbor in the Towers Building in Brooklyn in 1994, 12th Floor.

What a shame. He was a warm and cheerful fellow.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

It's depressing belonging to a Satanic cult. Not that all members are satanists, but let's call it what it is. No doubt he was a strong believer that at death he is acquitted of his sins. He thought wrongly that he had an easy out.

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/i-4.html#V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit