Lost life

by peggy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• peggy
    peggy

A long time Bethel member came home a few months ago. He had been at bethel for 20 plus years. Last weekend he took his life by a gun. There are plenty of questions and speculations being spoken of in our area. I myself am saddened that he found no other way to find peace.

Peg

• crapola
    crapola

That is very sad.

• peggy
    peggy

I have thought about him all week. What it must have taken for him to buy a gun, to go to a secluded area and to end his life. He was in his early 40's, never married and an elder.

• choosing life
    choosing life

That is so sad. It is really hard to have your life dismissed after being told you are doing God's will. Such a shame he couldn't see his way through the darkness.

Most do not realize the watchtower world is a throwaway society until they are the ones being disposed of. Sorry for your loss.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Supposedly he was just one of the individuals that they let go in Brooklyn, this corporation is only there to feed itself and exploit people

in the process. When they are finished with using people they just let them go on their own, without any financial support.

I doubt long term Bethel workers accumulate a good pension when they leave, leaving individuals with no medical coverage

and a lot of worries and despair. Shame really

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

peggy, you have a pm...

• peggy
    peggy

Rumor is that he left voluntarily. Who knows. Rumor is that he had health issues with kidney stones, also depression. He was not a close friend of mine, I knew his sister years ago. He gave a group of my friends a tour of bethel, 17 years ago. I do KNOW that it would take a lot for a man like him to buy a gun! Let alone take his life.

RIP Jim

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

-Aude.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm very, very sad.

Yeah, I knew Jim. He was in Translation Services at Patterson.

In the past 3 months, 2 JWs that I've known have committed suicide. Jake with a rope. Jim with a gun.

WHERE THE HELL IS JEHOVAH??

WHEN IS WATCHTOWER CORPORATION GOING TO STOP WASTING LIVES!?!?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I think its always harder for those that sacrificed so much to give themselves in some type of extensive service to accept that their truth is a lie. May he rest in peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit