Tangerine Dream play the Devil's Music

by HappyGuy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

if they want to clutch at straws, all music is t he devils music, as its part of the world and its satans world. sheesh. - or is there an acceptable level of satan-ness?

• four candles
    four candles

Does that mean that Cliff Richard is out?? I don't mean gay.....well .....he might be..............but he did do a song called 'Devil Woman'. Is the Shadows music demonised especially with hank being a bruv? Bring on the Motorhead I say!!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I saw Motorhead at the Southampton Gaumont in 1982. I told my mum I was seeing a movie.

• four candles
    four candles

You little tinker!!!!

I saw them headline the heavy metal barn dance at Stafford bingley hall,which was just a glorified cattle shed really. Other bands on the bill,remember these? Vardis,Angelwitch,Girlschool,Saxon and Motorhead. It was LOUD. I couldn't hear my bike engine on the way home!!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Do you like Humble Pie? I didn't like them all that well but their Live album is AMAZING. THeir version of "Walk on guilded splinters" the Dr. John voodoo ritual is .... well, you just have to listen to it. Then there is their version of "I don't need no doctor".

I wonder how many JW teenagers and young adults succumbed to the pressure and threw out their "questionable" music?

HappyGuy

No sorry I don't remember them, I probably know their music but as time goes by one forgets sometimes. LOL

• four candles
    four candles

I've been exploring some of the music I missed out on in the early 70's. I listen to a radio show on aThursday night......couldn't do that back in the day,lol.................and the DJ plays a lost album,one that didn't make an impact like 'Dark Side of the Moon' or 'Machine Head',and there is some great sound sout there.

Anyone remember groups like T2, Paladin, Fuzzy Duck, May Blitz, Mighty Baby. Not names that roll off the tongue,but mighty fine musically!!!!

Anybody know any more???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit