TV advice PLEASE :-)

by brainwashed-from-birth 15 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You will never get as good of a picture with a projection TV. Just won't happen.

LCDs (and LEDs) are the trend for the future but dollar for dollar, the best buys are still plasma.

A brother I know just bought a 60" LG plasma and it is impressive (about $1,600).

IMO, LCDs still have the refresh rates that are too slow to watch fast-moving sports. It gets blurry when the camera moves quickly.

But, as mentioned above, if you plan on using it for gaming, LCD is the better way to go.

Rub a Dub

• bubble
    bubble

In the UK we say that the bigger the TV, the smaller the intellect!!!

Go for the smaller one. We have a Samsung LCD/LED TV. The HD images on it are great!! It's 46" and that's plenty big enough!!!

• manicmama
    manicmama

STAY AWAY FROM THE SONY! Slowly step away and them run! My husband and I owned a 65 inch lcd and noticed a few blue spots in the corner, from there it spread throughout the tv and then into more colors. Sony had us jump through hoops to try and get some help on a well documented problem with this line on tv's. Several class action law suits are in the courts right now due to this problem and Sony refuses to do anything about it. I could go on forever about this situation but if you just google sony it will come up! Just by their customer service I would never purchase another item from them!

We went and bought a Mitsubishi 70 inch and LOVE IT! The resolution and colors are fantastic! The only draw back is the sound, but if you have it set up on a home theater system it's no problem at all. My advice would be to go online and do a lookup on any specific model that you plan to buy, lots of info. Good luck!

Manicmama

• LatinxJW
    LatinxJW

Forget the mitsb and the sony (i have a Sony 32 lcd), get a samsung they are the benchmark these days in lcd's. Cnet rated the Samsung LN52b750 one of the best lcd's they have ever tested. I just ordered the Samsung LN52b630 myself.

In the USA we say the smaller the TV the less teeth you have.....

• Dagney
    Dagney

Samsung 46" here. love it. A friend did all the research and concluded they are the best. I just bought what he said. I wish I had a 52".

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> the 73 inch is a Mitsubishi WD-73C9 73" DLP Projection TV. That means no LCD right? :-)

Correct. It uses microscopic mirrors to turn the different colors on and off.

73 inches is quite large. How big is the room it will be in? 37~43 inches is more than enough for your average home living room and use substantially less energy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit