TV advice PLEASE :-)

by brainwashed-from-birth 15 Replies latest jw friends

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

I am going to buy a TV today to watch movies on and play Playstation. I have a choice between a 73 inch Mitsb.1080 HDTV or a 52 inch Sony LCD/HDTV? The LCD seems brighter and more clear, but it is smaller. Anybody know which one I will enjoy better? I have not seen the 73 inch turned on, but bigger TVs seem to be more fuzzy. Please help. TVs are crazy expensive now. I feel like I am buying a car

Thanks BFB

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I'd buy the one that is more 'energy efficiant'... in Oz we have a star rating system for energy- the more stars, the more efficiant! It may turn out to be the more expencive TV- but it will cost you less to run in the long term!.....

• dig692
    dig692

Is the 73 inch also an LCD? Since you will using the TV for video games, I would suggest making sure the TV is LCD. With Plasma, I've read that if there is an image that is constantly on the screen, such as a health bar in video games, that image will burn onto the TV after a while.

If both are LCDs then if you possibly can, see what the bigger one looks like turned on. Also take into account the distance between you and where you will place the TV. If the space is small, then I would go with the slightly smaller tv, otherwise it can be a little hard on the eyes as far as focusing goes.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Get a Samsung.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

We have Samsung and love it.

Just Got a Samsung camera I love too.

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

the 73 inch is a Mitsubishi WD-73C9 73" DLP Projection TV. That means no LCD right? :-) I think the LCD is a better buy I am afraid of the projection TV since we will be playing games on it

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

I love movies too though and watching a movie on 73 inches would be pretty nice.....Im torn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

73in TV is pretty dam big..

Bigger than most rooms can handle..

And..

Projection sucks..(My opinion..)

A 52in LCD Sony would be cool..

Most rooms can handle a screen that big..

The picture would be much better than the Projection..

Over all..

The 52in LCD Sony wins..

My next TV will be a SamSung..

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

My parents have a large DLP, and every year they have to replace the bulb, which costs hundreds of dollars and requires a tech to come do it on theirs. They are not entirely happy with it.

I have a Samsung LCD, and other than it being a bit small now that I have a larger tv area (only 32"), I'm happy with it.

- Lime

• dig692
    dig692

How big is the room where the TV will be located? We have a 46" and thats actually pretty darn big in our living room, its an LCD, and my husband plays video games on it all day and he raves about the picture quality, so maybe I'm biased on that level towards the LCD. But keep in mind the size of the TV vs the size of the room. You want to make sure you're going to be comfortable watching movies and playing video games and that you're not having to strain your neck or keep looking left and right and up and down because the screen is so huge!

I say read up on some of the pro's and con's, talk to some experts, and then go with your instinct. Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit