Revelation! It's grand climax at hand! Brand new book!

by hubert 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hubert
    hubert

Well, it's brand new, because even though it is copyrighted 1988, this book which I picked up at a Salvation Army Store today, has probably never been opened. It IS brand new, even though it is 21 years old! Is it worth anything? Do I have any bids? Only kidding, Simon. Teethy

Okay, I would like to know if there are any "goody" quotes in it. I glanced through it, and found a lot of "good stuff" on the wild beast, (UN), which is gold to me, but there must be more. I hear this is what the W.T. is studying (again), and I must have the "old" version, so are there any changes that I can compare this book to the new one with?

As I was skimming thru the pages, I came across a quote that the W.T. quotes from the bible.

P. 246...."What is John's reaction at seeing the great harlot and her fearsome mount"? He himself answers. "Well, on catching site of her I wondered with great wonderment". (revelation 17:6b).

I laughed so hard when I read this, I couldn't stop! If I was working in the printing department of the Watchtower Society, I would have been embarassed to copy this absolute dump quote, (even if it's true) into the Watchtower books! It sounds like a quote taken from a 5 year old kids school book. (No offense, five year olds, you are supposed to talk like this). But, come on! Is this all they can say about John's reaction to the great harlot and her wild beast? Not even "Holy $hit"!, or "WTF"?

I can't wait to read more in this book. I hope there are a lot of changes in what was written in this version, to the new one they are studying. If there is, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you, and finding out what the changes are.

Thanks.

Hubert

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'm glad see you taking in good wholesome Spiritual Food.

• Black Sheep
  • Open mind
    Open mind

Here's something you might want to check out in the pictures somewhere around page 220,221.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/151903/1/Kids-Still-Get-Whacked-Armageddon-Current-Light-With-Pix

om

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sell it on ebay.

You might be able to get $0.01 with free shipping!

• moshe
    moshe

Hubert,

After three studies of this book, the JW's are still confused about what it all means-

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only value is to be able to compare it with the reprints. You have an original first-run copy--compare it with a new copy of the exact same book and see how many times they tampered with the doctrines.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That book is such a sack of old versus new thoughts...........

Looking back now I can't believe I actually bought all that Shiieet about the bowls pouring out. Yea some insignificant assembly poured out to the entire earth.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Well that is a nice piece of APOSTATE material you got for your self dude!!!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have both. Old hardcover and new softcover.

You can get the adjustments and a paste pot to update the old to new if you wish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit