Ray Franz Views of "Information Control" by WT Society Agree with Hassan

by flipper 49 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
  • finding my way
  • pat1060
    pat1060

Thank you for this information.I read Franz's book in parts a long time ago.I'm going to get it and read it again since this time I'm fading.I never realized how controlling the GB is. No wonder you can't just leave it.

• flipper
    flipper

FINDING MY WAY- Exactly, I agree, they defintely are a dangerous mnd control cult.

PAT 1060- You are welcome. I was pretty amazed reading this book a second time how much of what Ray Franz was saying agrees with Steve Hassan's views. Like yourself - I never realized HOW controlling the GB was until I had stopped attending meetings for awhile and I was fading . It is astounding

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Quarantining is exactly right! That is the perfect term for their actions and intentions in dealing with those who disagree (or even those who have doubts.)

Terrifying.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Why is so much stock put into what this Franz character says? He knowingly took part in a criminal consipracy for many years which told lies, hid wrongdoing by influential members, etc. NOW Franz claims that he isn't "like them" etc etc etc.

Personally, I think the man has an agenda now, which is to deflect his share of the guilt from himself.

How do you know that you can put faith in what this man says, since the Governing Body has knowingly told lie after lie after lie for decades, and Franz went along with it?

I don't trust him.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Happy Guy, were you a Witness? Did you believe it to be true when you were immersed in it?

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Your right Flipper the WTS. has practiced and put mind control as part of their self cultivating initiative.

Indoctrination begins at the very first call at the door and carries itself from there.

Their intentions of luring people and then entrapping them in might be considered spiritual manipulation

for reasons of control, by means of most notably simple fear. I think the better of the population is on to this

though and thats why a organization that has been selling itself hard to the public for as long as it has,

has only 7 million members worldwide. They get hooked by the publishers who they exploit,

only to realize later on it was all a scam. The workings of a cult are definitely there and were most likely

created out the needs and commercial agenda of the publishing company. Sometimes you have to look closely

inwardly at things to completely understand what is happening outwardly.

• dgp
    dgp

HappyGuy, I know what you mean. I think Mr. Franz could defend himself very well. I will give you, however, my point of view about him.

Yes, he was a willing member of an organization that practices mind control. He rose to the top of it, and I am sure that happened because he faithfully and perhaps fanatically observed what the organization demanded. Yet, when he was at the top, he had two options: either to stay where he was, or to tell people about what he had come to understand. He chose to tell. Not many people in his position would have done that. Look at any other similarly oppressive organization and you'll see that dissent comes at a price.

Mr. Franz's books have a wealth of information to prove the Watchtower wrong. Whether he does it to clear his conscience or not, the fact is, he has prevented more than one person from joining the organization (myself included). I am sure that his books have also led many witnesses to leave the organization. So, while I can't know why he is doing what he does, he is doing what in the end is a good thing.

The man is not perfect, yes. Sometimes he sounds too soft on the Watchtower. However, he's doing good to people now. He changed.

I have learned a lot about my own religion by looking at what he says about his. While making an apology of the Watchtower is an unthinkable thing for me, I do recognize that he did teach me a thing or two.

• yesidid
    yesidid

HappyGuy

So you have done research on Ray Franz too?

You're really an expert on so many things.

y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit