question for theMadJW and other Wt apologists

by isaacaustin 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

theSheppard, this one could go either way...however it really is inconsequential. Assuming it is the apostles and older men this would still be a huge multitude gathering to hash out an issue. Jeru was not the seat of authority, but rather the source of the problem- prompting Paul and Barnabas to go to the source of the problem to settle it. This is the only mention of such a meeting in the entire Bible, and in no way indicated to be a centralized source of authority that all Christians congs around the world are to follow. This was in response to a specific issue involving the Jeru cong directly. The other obvious difference is this counsel involved the older men- with no stated limitation. The WT has not ever held such an open forum for their elders to meet with the GB to decide matters. Additionally the GB denies apostolic succession but in essence claims the power for themselves.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

TheSheppard said:

I do concede that this group of men might not have been composed of just 11 members like the modern day governing body (I forget how many there are at this time), but also in this passage it doesn't specify how many were present so obviously the amount was not important enough for Jehovah to have had it included in the scriptures.

My reply: There is no limitation in any sense given. It simply says the older men. This would indicate all the older men. There is no reason to beleive it was a limited number, unless you read that into it to support what you already believe.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

This site is full of so much coprolite, that I will c heck back once in a LONG while.

The GB, as they call themselves, are just men who , as all, have faults.

However, they are the ones who have ORGANIZED the preaching of Truth (along with some goofy ideas as to what some of the prophecies mean).

CHURCHianity has perverted EVERY Bible teaching:

God is NOT the Supreme Being- but 3 Supreme Beings including a Nameless Ghost! Hell isn't the grave, but an eternal BBQ Pit. we don't really die (as Satan once said) , just change forms, the Meek will inherit HEAVEN, and the Kiongdom is a membership in it- just to name a few!

The WTBS has exposed all that and promulgated the Truth- now most people even know God's Name, altho most have no Faith in it.

Finished. Ready for your cheap ridicule.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Isn't it funny how rank & file JWs think that their religious leaders are somehow different from the "clergy" that they rightly despise. But the Watchtower religious leaders are more than happy to call themselves "clergy" whenever it serves their purposes.

For example, when JW elders want to weasel out of testifying in criminal court against one of their "brothers" who has been accused of child molestation, they try to assert the "clergy-penitent privilege." See, for example, http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_C_trial06.439464c.html.

And let's take a quick look at one of the "truths" that the Governing Body is taking the lead in preaching: namely, that very soon (imminently, in fact), God is going to kill BILLIONS of men, women, and children because they are not baptized, active Jehovah's Witnesses. And did I mention that at least TWO BILLION of these victims have never had a chance to hear the JW message? (China, large parts of India and the Muslim world)

If this is not true (and it's not), then the Governing Body is guilty of slandering God in the worst way imaginable.

So, keep on telling yourself that the Governing Body is different from the other religious charlatans of today...some of us know better.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

MadJW, since these'imperfect men of the GB' have such a poor, tainted track record of goofy ideas as you have admitted and flase prophecies as well what makes you so sure that they are correct on these other bullet point doctrines you named? However, for the sake of argument if we were to concede they were correct on the trinity/hellfire/immortality of the soul/etc there are other group as well as Christians who believe the same as the WT on these issues. So what makes the WT unique that they stand out as God's channel of truth? Would it be their multiple scandals?

• Chalam
    Chalam

God is NOT the Supreme Being- but 3 Supreme Beings including a Nameless Ghost!

Matthew 28:19 (King James Version)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

Hell isn't the grave, but an eternal BBQ Pit.

Matthew 25:41 (New International Version)

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

we don't really die (as Satan once said) , just change forms

1 Corinthians 15:42 (New International Version)

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;

Isaiah 66:24 (New International Version)

24 "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

, the Meek will inherit HEAVEN, and the Kiongdom is a membership in it- just to name a few!

Philippians 3:19-21 (New International Version)

19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

The WTBS has exposed all that and promulgated the Truth- now most people even know God's Name, altho most have no Faith in it.

Romans 1:25 (New International Version)

25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Exodus 3:13-14 (English Standard Version)

13 Then Moses said to God, "If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' what shall I say to them?" 14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Finished. Ready for your cheap ridicule.

Nothing cheap about the gospel

Philippians 2:5-8 (New International Version)

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!

Blessings,

Stephen

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Isaac. I focus ONLY on scripture- or I might have the same faithlessness as all of YOU.

Opinion on what the prophecies mean is Trivial Pursuit/

What a group teaches about God and Christ, as well as their Purpose is paramount!

I'm not a JW because of awe in men- but because of awe in God.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Enjoy rejecting Jesus tonight Madjw.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

MadJW said:

Isaac. I focus ONLY on scripture- or I might have the same faithlessness as all of YOU.

Opinion on what the prophecies mean is Trivial Pursuit/

What a group teaches about God and Christ, as well as their Purpose is paramount!

I'm not a JW because of awe in men- but because of awe in God.

My reply:

The endless false prophecies of the Wt are anything but trivial pursuit. But that aside, please explain scripturally how the organization you serve is God's sole channel of truth being used today. You are right, I am faithless- in the governing body. However my faith in Jesus is stronger than ever. I do not believe you have answered the original question that started this thread.

• Chalam
    Chalam

theMadJW I'm not a JW because of awe in men- but because of awe in God.

I am not and JW and I am in awe of God who became man and died for us :)

Philippians 2:5-8 (New International Version)

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!

Blessings,

Stephen