Seeking those who still wish to be JW's.

by Pineapple 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zoiks
    zoiks

Hi Pineapple,

Welcome. A very close family member that I love dearly is gay, and it breaks my heart when other members of the family assume that Jehovah will destroy her for it.

I can only imagine what you have been through. I hope that you are able to find true peace and happiness, whatever happens.

zoiks

• xeracia
    xeracia

This is one of the issues that chaps my hide! Not that I understand why anyone would want to be a Witness. In my mind anyone who wants to be one is insane (and I say that lovingly, not to insult any of you). However, my sister was telling me about someone who is a Witness and is a sex offender and is not disfellowshipped because he has been diagnosed as being a sex addict. I asked her how that is any different than someone being gay, considering I think someone is born gay and it is a birth defect so to speak. I have watched programs on television where they think that there are genes they can determin that cause people to be born gay. Therefore, if they cannot legally disfellowship someone who is a sex addict due to it infringing on his rights then how come they can legally disfellowship for someone being gay...isn't that infringing on someone's rights? She had no answer for that. I think that it should be looked into.

• dissed
    dissed

I too find many of my former JW friends very nice, but it is tempered with the fact, that they feel, myself and my family are evil and deserving of a horrible death at Armageddon.

In fact, they refuse to even greet me and the reason why? We decided the WTS wasn't for us, that's all.

We still follow their morale code of ethics, but are different, because we extend our love to charitable groups that help the youth in our community and rescue animals.

Pretty bad aren't we?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi Pineapple!!!! I definatly DONT want to go back to the lie....
    But I am so sorry your suffering for losing your family.
    THAT I understand as some of mine are still there
    & must not speak to me.
    If I were you I would thank GOD that you dont have to
    pretend anymore ,,,It is ACTING!! when we are JWS,
    Putting on a happy face to all ,when inside we feel hurt.
    Glad you could share with us, But a word of warning!!!!
    It is NOT THE TRUTH!!!! Believe me .

http://exjw.weebly.com/ Granny/Mouthy/Grace Gough

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Pineapple welcome and certainly would not bash you for being gay, but rather would for saying " those that love Jerkhoobah and his Organization"

There are countless folks who are much closer to the Father now and are closer to the world wide fellowship of Christianity then they ever were tied to the High Control dangerous cult that is the WTS.

welcome and enjoy.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I won't "bash" you, I promise!

I have a good friend that was a gay JW. Because of some unique circumstances he DA'd himself. He is a much happier person now.

Do you really think you can live as a JW? They teach that being gay is not a physiological state, but instead is a choice. I'm going to guess that you know better than to take such a position.

As yknot said, loosing your tradition can be very difficult, and I understand the reasons for why you would want to keep it. But being gay brings you into conflict with the Watchtowers view on sexuality. The two are very opposed. You may find it helpful to learn why others have walked away from the JWs for reasons other that sexual preference.

- correction, just saw your other comment

If you do not actually believe the Watchtower to be true, then the psychological pressure to "do gods will" certainly will be gone. "Faking" a reinstatment is difficult, and can bring about lots of pressures you may not want to endure. Its a difficult choice, but realize that going back to the organization means being around friends and family that do not understand you.

The question is, how much are you really willing to put up with in order to have those relationships?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thats what you get in Watchtower World..

For being a Gay PineApple!

You`ll find all kinds of assorted Fruits and Nuts here..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I will never again be a jw, because I know that the WB&TS is nothing more than a corrupt corporation, and those who follow it are cult members. You will never learn to accept and love yourself as you are as long as you believe in the "truth". Aside from studying up on the Watchtower, why not look at how the scriptures have been unfairly twisted against homosexuality?

It is the Watchtower that expelled you for being what nature made you, and as a result, you lost your friends and family. That's not bashing, my friend, that's telling the truth.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Question: Are you only seeking those who want to be jws like all non or exjws need not reply?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit