Seeking those who still wish to be JW's.

by Pineapple 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

I am not a JW basher. I still love my brothers and sisters in the Truth. 2 years ago I was kicked out because I am gay. I miss it very much. It is home for me. I am looking for those that still love Jehovahs and his Orginization but for whatever reason (like being gay) are not aloud back in. PLEASE DONT BASH ME. I love you all very much too.. and even if I were to be a JWW again I have a GREAT love for all of you and a new found apperciation for what we all have in common. Much love to you all!

• yknot
    yknot

Sweety losing one's tradition and culture is never easy .......especially if it was at the expense of being 'true' to yourself.

Right now you are where you need to be, learn from this what you need to and continue growing.

So what do you miss about the Org? The comfort of familiarity and routine or do you still believe they were appointed?

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

more than anything its my family and my friends.. and the comfort of familiarity and routine. but thats all it has to be

• yknot
    yknot

Well I am still 'in' but here is what others have done .......

Visit, give false hope, attend the Memorial maybe the after Memorial Special Talk the following weekend, SPAD, CA or DC.......

Read up on the pubs before visiting too and talk a lot of theocratese.

It is theocratic war over who gets your family......the WTS or you.

If you haven't, please consider signing up to some meetups too.

Keep your chin up, this too someday shall pass..........hugs

• yknot
    yknot

sorry.....

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Greetings, Pineapple!

I am not someone who still wishes to be a JW. I just wanted to pop onto your thread to say I love you, too. I'm glad you're here.

Love,
    Baba.

• alanv
    alanv

Welcome to the board pineapple. There are many rules and regulations for anyone who wants to stay a witness. You're right. There are many good people among JWs. But they would never accept that you had no choice in the matter of being gay. To them it is something wicked. Just like you're wicked or weak if you do not accept everything from their rule book. If I were you I would be very thankful that you are out of this org. I wish you well.

• nelly136
    nelly136

nice to meet you pineapple

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hi pineapple, welcome too.

look, they rely on you missing them. If all you have known for years is them, then to be kicked out is extremely isolating. Thats what gets a number back. They will no doubt tell you they want you back, but only if you conform. They would rather you be unhappy and in, than happy and out.

It is just a fact that there is no way to be gay and a JW. To try and be both is just living untrue to yourself and them. I pushed down who i was (I'm not gay by the way) for years and all it did was drive me to attempt suicide. It took 2 years being out before i was ready to find new friends. The ones i have today are by far the most true i have ever known. As for 28 years worth of friends in the 'organization' they abandoned me like i had the bubonic plague. I do not miss them.

It may well be time to cultivate a whole new support group and friends. One thing i know about life, is that you can never go back. To anything.

all the best

Oz

• carpediem
    carpediem

Hi Pineapple

I dont want to be JW anymore, but just wanted to say I am glad you came here. I am sure you will enjoy being around.

CarpeDiem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit