If You Leave The Organization Where Else Must You Go?

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

There are many places to go. For me, I first went to school (College). Then, I got a job. Next, I bought a retirement savings plan, a stereo, and a car. I got married and bought a house. I could go on but you get the picture.

In short, I lived my life. Am still living it.

If you really want some place to go.... I suggest you go home (getting a dog would be nice too):

You are Home. Life is good.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

When I left I went to the bar to have a cold beer and some pretzels....and watched some football..

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    What Jehovah's Witnesses get right is that the basis for Christianity rests on scripture and the Bible itself.

No, they believe that THEIR religion is based on THEIR INTERPRETATION of the bible AND what is "fed" to the people by the WT.

Huge difference there.

Christianity is NOT based on the Bible because it existed before the bible was even written.

• Terry
    Terry

Christianity is NOT based on the Bible because it existed before the bible was even written

And YOU know this........exactly how?

• minimus
    minimus

The Bible writers existed before Christ.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    And YOU know this........exactly how?

Because the NT letters and gosples were written AFTER.

• ziddina
    ziddina

What'd'ya mean, "Must" go, when I leave/left...????

I go where I damn well please...

Zid

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

You don't need a defined place to go. Just go and enjoy life. For me, it's been about finding my non-cult personality. I also have just tried to enjoy everyday life. As JWs, there is not alot of emphasis on being happy and content now. We were always taught to look to a paradise future for any happiness, and of course that future happiness depends on your association with the group. What they don't want people to know is that there is happiness to be found now, and especially apart from that toxic group.

• minimus
    minimus

I agree. You don't need to go anywhere. Just enjoy life!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Freydo, AllTimeJeff, Tirebiter - Great responses!!

Billy the Ex - WOW!! Your reply is a solid-gold CLASSIC!!

Mad Sweeney - thanks for sharing that!

RunningOnFaith and EmptyInside made some quiet, but solid points

But Gayle, "Most prisoners don't worry about that - just OUT!!" and AdaMakaWee, "Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go everywhere!... There you go...." Made me snort milk out my nose!!!

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit