If You Leave The Organization Where Else Must You Go?

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"If your house is on fire, where else can you live?"

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Where can I go? To the dozens of things I found I could do on a Thursday night besides bore myself to sleep!

• 20+wastedYRS
    20+wastedYRS

That very question is, imo, a HUGE reason that "fence sitters" dont leave!! What a great tactic to get ppl to stay..

Hell, thats one I use on my friends when Im not ready for them to leave!- "You leaving?..Where else you gonna go?"

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm reminded of a discussion I heard on the radio between a talk show host and a popular race-baiter regarding New Orleans residents refusing to evacuate during the lull between hurricane Katrina and the floods that came a day or two later. The radio guy was asking why these people wouldn't get on those buses that were just waiting to take them away and the apologist answered with the question, "Where would they go?" The radio guy's answer was succinct and accurate: "AWAY FROM THE FLOOD!"

• runningonfaith
    runningonfaith

Try this one,anywhere is good because: For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the middle of them Matthew 18:20

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I always thought that there was nowhere else to go. But, just today I was having a rather emotional conversation with someone, and I told them, what's wrong with just living my life in my quiet kind of way, and finding things that make me happy along the way. For the longest time, I thought it was this world that is making me miserable, but, now, I'm starting to think, it's all the rules and sacrifices that I've made for the organization. I'm 36 years old and still feel like I have to have an answer or an excuse for every choice I make. I just want to start my life and be left alone really. I don't have to go anywhere, but find my own path.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I agree wholeheartedly with most of the posts already made!

This is one of the most hilariously weak arguments a JW can offer up.

They are basically saying - Okay, I give up, you are right. It's a crock of crap. But its the best damn crock of crap you'll ever find.

The Oracle

• xeracia
    xeracia

I guess I left the organization and found myself...so I replaced it with me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, who says you must find another religion? What happens if you decide that you do not need God after all, or that He is nothing more than a master scam artist trying to stifle people? Chances are good that, if you learn to make your own decisions, you are going to make better ones than the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• minimus
    minimus

Excellent comments here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit