What accusations do you have about us JWs? AND what group are YOU a part of?

by theMadJW 282 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Looks like I'm a bit late to this thread. And it looks like this thread has evolved (pun intended) into a discussion about evolution/creationism.

I find it fascinating that now, in the year 2010, large portions of the population will believe the word of clergy over the word of scientists...on matters of science! And that's exactly what the creationists (such as JWs) do.

Oh, they claim that they're taking God's word over the word of godless scientists. But when you dig deeper, that's not exactly the case. For example, the Genesis creation account clearly states that the earth was formed and populated over the course of six literal days. This can be seen in the mention of "evening and morning" associated with each day.

Also, when he gave the command to observe the Sabbath, God said "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy." (Exodus 20:11).

So, it's clear from the plain text of the Bible that the writers meant that God created the heavens and the earth in six literal days. Anything else is simply ignoring the plain language of scripture.

But many modern religions, such as the WT/JW faith, teach that the "days" were symbolic--I believe the WTS refers to them as "creative days." When I was raised a JW, I was taught from the publications that each "creative day" is 7,000 years long (and I have no clue where that comes from).

So, back to my point, this is an example of creationists taking the word of their clergy over the word of the Bible...and over the word of science.

Personally, as a non-scientist, I'm going to give science the benefit of the doubt when compared to the clergy. Clergy (such as the WTS leaders and others) have a strong incentive to discredit evolution/natural selection. If their flock adopts evolution/natural selection, then the clergy is out of a job!

Of course, this doesn't mean that I have "faith" that the currently accepted theories of mainstream biology are the end-all, be-all gospel truth. Reputable biologists wouldn't even say such a thing. That's one of the great properties of the scientific method--when performed properly, it is constantly re-evaluating existing understandings. Not to say it's infallible, but I think it's a much better way to approach things than by "faith."

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

@ MADJW:what accusation do YOU HAVE against JWs?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Wrong, Casper! Genesis opens stating that the Earth already existed as a formless waste BEFORE the Creative "Days" began, and the second chapter opens referring to the Earth being made in A "Day". And who says clergy, or WTBS? Can't you think without mindless attack?

How about Facts- NOT Theory! Science doesn't even know what "Life" is- yet pretends to know how it developed into such amazing mechanisms...on its OWN! THAT is what takes the church's version of 'Faith'- believing in such nonsense.

http://www.themadjws.com/devilution.htm

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Ah, yes.....the plug for the website.....was wondering when that would show up.....

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Looks like I'm a bit late to this thread.

Olin Moyles Ghost - yup. The deal is that he trolls here for his own failed website.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Failed website- like THIS one?

It is a hobby, where we post things we have found, and personal opinions...Even YOU Losers can become a member; we would just delete any deliberate LIES, not opinion or pics!

But, alas, Truth is nothing YOU want, IS it?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

If you whiny little bi_ches prefer, I can easily CNP- as YOU do!

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

MadJW, if you're going to respond to my posts, please read them first. I will address your points because I thought you and I were capable of having civil discourse on this board, as we did on the other thread.

MadJW: Wrong, Casper! Genesis opens stating that the Earth already existed as a formless waste BEFORE the Creative "Days" began, and the second chapter opens referring to the Earth being made in A "Day".

My response: I agree with this statement, and if you would actually read my previous post you would recognize that you are attacking a strawman. Nowhere do I contend that the Bible says the Earth was not a formless waste before the creative days. I'm well-aware of the so-called "gap theory" that creationists such as the WTS and other fundamentalists use. That's why I said "the Genesis creation account clearly states that the earth was formed and populated over the course of six literal days." I anticipated your gap-theory rebuttal. Genesis says the earth was form-less before the first creative day, then starting on day 1, it began to be formed (separating oceans from dry ground, etc.) and populated (plants, animals).

So, that should dispose of that little diversion.

MadJW: And who says clergy, or WTBS? Can't you think without mindless attack?

My response: Looks like I struck a nerve here. I certainly didn't mean to hurt your feelings by discussing clergy. You of all people should appreciate a little criticism of the clergy, right? But let's not get distracted from my point that fundamentalists, including WTS/JW followers take the word of clergy over the word of scientists in matters of science.

MadJW: How about Facts- NOT Theory! Science doesn't even know what "Life" is- yet pretends to know how it developed into such amazing mechanisms...on its OWN! THAT is what takes the church's version of 'Faith'- believing in such nonsense.

My response: So is this your reason for believing your clergy in matters of science? Sounds like you're being a bit defensive here. I guess I could play the same game. For example, you fundamentalists believe that all the problems in the world are the result of two naked people and a talking snake. Talk about nonsense!

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, it looks like this went exactly nowhere, as usual...

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

I'm disappointed in you, Casper. False implications, then cheap cut of the Bible.

Would you have felt better if the first man and woman (or ape and she-ape) wore nice clothes. Talking snake vs a fish turning into a snake, and talking HUMANS?

THAT is nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit