What did you look like as a JW?

by highdose 42 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

i was going through some old photos today, i found one of myself when i was a devout JW. It was really shocking! I'm so thin, my cheeks are hollow, i'm as white as the wall behind me, i'm standing hunched over, and in my eyes you can see real misery. In stark contrast to how i look now, confident, healthy and tanned.

What about everyone else?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I looked like a trailor park guy dressed in a cheap polyester suit that barely hid my beer gut.

W

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I was a lot younger and healthier. Must be the effect of The Theocracy.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Basically not much different than now, aside that I was younger and dressed in crap suits back then.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Like I do now, a nerd

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Pretty much the way I looked now - though a bit thinner now.

Even though I was in and went through trying times, my nature is cheery, confident, outspoken.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Like a Geek God. The object of all the Sisters attention.

• cantleave
    cantleave

When I was a witness I was Fat and Bald. I now look ..................................Fat and Bald.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

pretty boring

• wobble
    wobble

Depends what decade you are talking about . in the very early fifties I was in nappies.

In the late Seventies I had a huge black beard,almost ZZ Top, and LONG hair,funny that I wasn't counselled for this, M.S at the time, I know the C.O's that came didn't like it, but my B.O.E let me carry on,without comment. In F.S often people were surprised that I was a JW. they were used to the slightly weird, grey looking, little people that JW's usually are.

I am now approaching the age when I will need to go back into nappies (trans. to American usage "Diapers"). In fact at night,after a few ales, it would save me getting out of bed for a widdle.

Now I have to get out of bed at least once a night, sometimes I even make it to the toilet (bathroom or even more euphemistically, rest room, in American )

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit