What did you look like as a JW?

by highdose 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

I always loved fashion and could not express myself with it while a JW, even at 35, out 17 years, I still dress rebelious! It is a constant need.

Nikki

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sphere can attest to this: Outdated by 15 years at least for the whole time I was in. My sister and I were walflowers because none of the others kids our ages showed any inclination of letting us in. We were ignored while my mom was an attention whore and the loudest in the congregation. I stayed in the awkward way on into my adulthood. After getting out, I've grown into MY own, not my family's own. I remember Sphere as being the most beautiful sister in the entire hall.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I've grown into MY own, not my family's own.

And that is what I call being successful in life!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I looked like the typical elders wife ....100 pounds soaking wet. I looked like I had just escaped a Nazi prison camp. Now I look like a healthy women who is allowed food.

• carpediem
    carpediem

I looked formal and felt uncomfortable. I hated dressing for meetings and feel much better now I can wear what I want. I have a wardrobe full of clothes I probably wont wear again - except for the occasional job interview or funeral. I also wear less make up now and feel much better for shedding the whole JW image.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I refuse to wear dresses precisely because of being forced to at the khall so I would make sure to look "in submission." In AZ, I may have to wear sundresses (with bike shorts not showing underneath) just to be cooler.

• Awen
    Awen

Salvation Army or Good Will suits that were 3-4 years out of style. Starched and pressed shirts with brilliantly multicolored ties, tic tacks. My belt and shoes always matched, had holes in my socks. Shoes were cheap rubber soled ones from WalMart (good for long distance walking) and slightly grey hair, which is almost pure white now at 40 yrs of age.

Always carried a well-worn leather bag, with handles or without, one for FS, one for meetings.

I look about the same. Same weight, 205 lbs, same height 6'00" same tanned complexion (as I live in Myrtle Beach, SC still), brown eyes. Scottish/Choctaw Indian ancestry.

Dress a lil better. I look like a GAP advertisement now, rarely wear a suit anymore.

• Twitch
  • Quirky1
  • LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

30 years younger

With a constant,

Raging Ha**on

Not really

but, you know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest