What did you look like as a JW?

by highdose 42 Replies latest jw friends

• geevee
    geevee

Did anyone go out and get tattoos and piercings, radical hairstyles?

I am about the same, but older, bald and greyish white.............. very sad

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I still wear my hair short. I don't pile it on top of my head like Gerrit Losch though... It actually looks.... modern. lol

I am pretty conservative. No tats for me. I do put more value in nicer clothes now, and shop at Macy's instead of Walmart for jeans and shirts.

What did I look like as a JW? Like a borgbot.

• crapola
    crapola

I looked bored and very unhappy. Now I smile alot more and feel much better.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I through out all my meeting clothes...hehehe but I saved the leather skirt.......

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Hip , mostly due to being a appearance conscience teenager and young adult, my buddies and myself were noted for being good dressers

and of course my hair length was always being watched, today I hate wear suits and will only wear them when necessary.

• JAFO
    JAFO
    Did anyone go out and get tattoos and piercings, radical hairstyles?
    I am about the same, but older, bald and greyish white.............. very sad

geevee... ask Aussie Oz to send you some pics! Mohawk and tats.. very cool.. I think he wouldn't mind if I posted a pic of him here, but I'd like to ask first..

This is me a few years back... imagine a little more grey at the temples and a couple of small grey patches in the beard and you'd have a good idea of how I look now.

• RR
    RR

Thinner and no beard

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I followed the example of Jesus Christ and wore a beard and a dress.

No, wait, I mean I followed the example of Jesus Christ and looked like a yuppy.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Errol Flynn Photographic Print

I still have the tie and the hair's the same but grayer ...

CoCo

• awildflower
    awildflower

Magwitch that's funny!!

I actually hated the way most of the sisters dressed. I mean why did people have to look like they were so frumpy and outdated and then go in field service!? Who's going to be attracted to that? So I actually dressed really well and modern. Short skirts with a tan always in the summer, then short skirts with stylish tights and boots in the winter. Clothes you'd see in the average office. I always felt it would help our 'message' if we looked better when we came to their door. I would actually wear some of that stuff again if I had anything to dress up for! Now it's jeans and mini skirts and always a tan!!......wf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit