Kelle Jarka

by isaacaustin 74 Replies latest jw friends

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I wonder if Kelle Jarka is any relation to Lester Jarka. If anybody here is from the St. Louis area, they may remember that name. Lester was a heavy hitter in the Metro East area for many years throughout the 70's and 80's, featured on EVERY assembly and convention. Then, in the early 90's, he 'stepped down' and disappeared. Seemed like a nice enough guy, but never knew what happened to him.

• blondie
    blondie

http://jarkainnocent.org/index.html

This is a website advocating Kelle Jarka's innocence. But it does say that his father is a Lester Jarka.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Kelle was also the nephew of a Keith Kelle who was a CO for many years. I think he is retired now, some may know Keith Kelle from his travels as a CO.

• Stealth
    Stealth

NotBlind,

Lester Jarka is Kelle's father. He was high ranking JW in his area as you mentiond. He stepped down as an elder after an aledged scandle related to skimming money from the quick builds. He was the lead overseer on the quick build commitee.

A few years later his wife (pictured with Kelle on the home page of the link in blondie's post above.) died as they were packing to move to Wisconsin to be closer to children.

Lester went ahead with the move, there he remarried and moved to Alaska for a few years. Last I heard he was back in Wisconsin, but not sure if he is still there.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Interesting about what happened about Lester Jarka. I do recall hearing the name Keith Kelle - I think he was a CO and maybe even a DO at one time. I knew his father, Irving Kelle, when he was alive. I think Irving used to be in the now defunct Nashville Illinois congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit