I just now reconnected to the net; I've "moved."

Snowbird keeps us on the mind's toes,

This sweet bird whence new stuff flows.

Thanks and luv ya!

CoCo

• Tatiana
  • compound complex
    compound complex

An alluring but malignant beauty lies sordid within these walls of wood and rot ...

Sinking into the nurturing realms of the spirit world deep, deeper, deepest below.

Thank you so much, Tatiana, for putting up that beautiful art!

CoCo

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Beautiful words that fit perfectly, CC... I missed you guys.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome back, dear Lady Tatiana ... !

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tatiana!!!

Syl

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

CoCo...

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Syl....

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The Negro Speaks of Rivers
    I've known rivers: I've known rivers ancient as the world and older than the flow of human blood in human veins. My soul has grown deep like the rivers. I bathed in the Euphrates when dawns were young. I built my hut near the Congo and it lulled me to sleep. I looked upon the Nile and raised the pyramids above it. I heard the singing of the Mississippi when Abe Lincoln went down to New Orleans, and I've seen its muddy bosom turn all golden in the sunset. I've known rivers: Ancient, dusky rivers. My soul has grown deep like the rivers.

This poem was composed when Langston Hughes was but a young lad of 17.
    I LOVE IT. 
    Syl
  • snowbird
    snowbird

He Loved Her

From the time she was a faded-denim-overall/flannel-shirted-wearing 3rd grader until she was a bell-bottomed-jeans/embroidered-dirndl-top/Afro'd teenager.

When they graduated high school and went their separate, fortune-seeking ways, he loved her.

Hundreds of miles apart, lonely and sad, each let their bucket down into the well of life and drank warily of its contents. Yet, he continued to love her.

Forty years, two marriages apiece, kids and grandkids, he still loved her.

Divorcing, retiring, selling out, cashing in a 401k, moving back down South - home! - the love was still there.

A double wide planted by the side of the road leading to his parents' cemetery, a couple of golden retrievers, a tentative foray into county politics, love for her persisted in laying close to his heart like one of his grandma's sweet-smelling quilts.

Then came the news. Widowed and retired, she was returning to the country - home!

New skirting and awnings for the double wide, flowers and shrubbery for the half acre on which it sat, new appliances and a window box for the herbs she knew and grew so well! He loved her!

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit