Would the WT$ outright lie?

by peacedog 54 Replies latest jw friends

• bennyk
    bennyk

Stirring up increasing interest in them, Jehovah caused to be preached from 1918 onward the startling public message “Millions Now Living Will Never Die,” and in 1923 he provided the interpretation of “the parable of the sheep and the goats.”

-- Watchtower, Nov. 15, 1955, p. 698 § 36

(And yet Rutherford said he 'made an ass of himself' regarding that 1925 business...)

• peacedog
    peacedog

"Jehovah caused to be preached"

Lol, no doubt.

Since then the WT$ has said that even though they have made false predictions in the past, never did they "presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah'". Guess that adds up to another lie.

peace

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I agree, the Watchtower Society is a lying organization.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Of course they would lie - and they encourage others to do it with "spiritual warfare".

How many times have they revised history, especially regarding when The End was predicted to come? First saying ti would come, then denying they said it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Come now, let's be reasonable about this. They don't lie ALL the time. They only lie when it's absolutely convenient.

• peacedog
    peacedog

One more: "Frederick [Franz] was chosen to receive a Rhodes scholarship, qualifying him for admission to Oxford University in England." (proclaimers book, p 111)

Yeah, right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uic2HAbabM8

• freydo
    freydo

I recall reading something at Freeminds about "in order to be able to control the future, you have to be able to control the past." The history gets falsified/changed while the Studies In The Scriptures sit on shelves in the library like relics that you're only supposed to gaze at, but not for too long, else someone might get suspicious and report you.

• peacedog
    peacedog

freydo: so true!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If they print something they know to be false then it is lying. Even when they actually believed a falsehood at the time they printed it, they will outright lie in order to cover it up. And they will continue to present a falsehood as truth in order to protect a teaching that is fundamental to their religion(607/1914).

• peacedog
    peacedog

keyser soze: I agree. And I personally think the WT$ does not believe much of what they print doctrinally: 607, 1914, 1918/19, 144K, blood ban.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit