Never been drunk - have I missed something?

by Newborn 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

SofN , you don't believe me??

I've honestly never been drunk coz I don't like alcohol, sure I'll try some wine now and then, but I never drink so much as to being drunk.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

I agree with what oracle said, just get the balance - it's great.

I can't believe there are so many negative comments in this thread, there are pros and cons to everything, why so much bias?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I like to have a couple of beers with my meal if we go out to restaurant otherwise I'm not really into it that much.

I had a stupid young adult experience with tequila once and I've never wanted to drink it again.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

The headache really isn't worth it. Just the thought.....

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Don't listen to these heathens. Yes you have. You missed so much.

Drunk != puking, hangovers, not being able to handle drinking

Drinking is like riding a bike or snowbaording. A shitload of fun, but learning how can involve a few falls, bruises and days wishing you have never tried. But once you get the hang of it, it's AWESOME.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Yes.

It's like a bike when you first learn you suck at it. Bruised arms legs knees teeth missing but then you learn how to ride a bike the right way....

now you rarely bruise or find missing teeth.

The earlier you start the better you'll be.......... of course you can die trying to learn to ride a bike.

If you haven't started now...... you'll just give us pro's a bad name.........

• KW13
    KW13

I get drunk the odd weekend in the local pub and yeah, i'll be honest i enjoy it but only because i know my limits and i feel comfortable with the people i drink with. I rarely get a hangover and i've not been sick in a longtime!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Darth, WTF is wrong with all these people? They think drinking must mean a headache, puking and being an asshole..... so sad.

BTW, when I write "!=", it's pronounced "bang equals" and means "is not equal to". Damn my programming background.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

NVL, you really need to visit the rumpus room...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Uh oh...I have to agree with Darth and NVL. Drinks are fun. NVL is right. It's like snowboarding. You might fall down a couple times, but once you know how to stay up you can have a BLAST!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit