Never been drunk - have I missed something?

by Newborn 52 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

I too have never been drunk......

I don't feel like I have missed out on anything either.

• Twitch
    Twitch

A college kid got drunk and passed out on the railroad tracks a couple miles from here last year. You can guess the rest.

They raised the legal age of railroad engineers in your state?

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

You have missed falling over and wondering why you have no skin on your knuckles. missed the headaches from hell. missed talking absoulute crap with people that sounds really important and solving the worlds problems and wondering why you never thought of it before. - suddenly bursting into tears at how much you love someone that actually you don't really have any feelings for. . . just for starters. lets not talk about the beer goggles and the really embarrassing stuff.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    lets not talk about the beer goggles and the really embarrassing stuff.

What are beer goggles?

W

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

beer goggles are

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Ok, that makes sense now. I used to have a t shirt that said, "drink till she's cute". My ex was offended.

W

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Surely you've been buzzed, Newborn?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

You've missed out on puking on your dub friend's doorstep because he made two ridiculously strong "drinks" for you, and you pounded the foul stuff down within a couple hours of each other.

You've missed out on puking in your own car because your idiot friend who was driving locked the window and you couldn't get it open in time.

You've missed out on puking in your sleep, because the beer and tequila you drank didn't want to go out through the basement, but wanted to go back out the front door, the way they came in.

You've missed out on tons of AWESOME!!

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Glad to hear I was not the only one!

I grew up not drinking because my dad poured all us kids a good stiff "drink" when we were all young (about 6 years old) at Christmas and asked us to join him--I nearly tossed my cookies at the fowl liquid. Never desired to drink after that.

Then in school I saw too many kids pass out after an OD and decided drugs were not a good option either.

No regrets. Thanks dad!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I highly recommend a few drinks to loosen up and relax.

Getting completely bombed to the point where you puke your guts out and have memory loss is taking it too far in my opinion.

One needs to find the "sweet spot" to avoid the hangovers and not to lose your mind.

It's not very healthy if you make it a nightly habit, but letting loose on the weekends with some friends is gooood times.

Drink lots of water, and take a good b-complex vitamin before going out...it's magical.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit