Never been drunk - have I missed something?

by Newborn 52 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

never been sober....am I missing something?.........

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I never drank anything until I was 28. I am honestly torn between wishing I never tried it (and remaining ignorant of how good it feels) - and glad I did, so I'm not such a perfectionist goodie-goodie all the time.

Just realize for the all the ups, there are subsequential downs - and it can be addictive (as you become more tollerant, you have to drink more to get the buzz, and can get caught in a cycle of drinking too much), and like many things in life it involves risks (falling down stairs, making a complete ass of yourself on facebook, etc.)

I've never drank to the point of throwing up or passing out myself, but my friends do, and I definately hear that siren song sometimes. I would say if you tend to become easily addicted to things, stay away from it.

- Lime

• John Doe
    John Doe

A college kid got drunk and passed out on the railroad tracks a couple miles from here last year. You can guess the rest.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You missed falling down a flight of stairs..

It hurts..

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I'll say this about getting drunk, people see the real you and you get to see how people really are.

Nothing brings out the real "person" like getting drunk and your inhibitions go out the window.

Me? I'm a laugh drunk, the very few times I have ever gotten drunk, all I did was laugh all the time and eat !

LOL !

• Newborn
    Newborn

ninja, LOL!

• Newborn
    Newborn

Twitch, cool and fun, thanks

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You can do a lot of things while drunk. You can do them much better when sober.

I got drunk and/or high many times when I was young. It never resulted in anything good.

Now I might have a drink or two when relaxing, but I never get drunk any more.

W

• Newborn
    Newborn

FF, sounds wise

• Denial
    Denial

why did you start two threads about this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit