New sex offender in my hall

by Iwonder17 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

It does not matter if the elders are watching these guys or not. Here in the U.S. most states have laws stating that child sex offenders cannot come into contact with any children. If the guy is allowed to go door to door, whether or not he has a chaperone does not matter, he is breaking the law as many homes have young kids.

The reason they get away with this is more people do not call and turn these guys in. I am sure the community would not want a child sex offender knocking at their doors.

I would take photos of him doing this, and mail them along with a copy of his record to the local paper and police station. You can turn him in anonymously you know. The elders may suspect you but if they cannot prove it is you, what can they do to you. Lilly

• Gerard
    Gerard

Iwonder17, you have the responsibility now to not keep quiet. Print handouts and warn your congregation, even if anonymously. Encourage the victim and/or the parents to go to police, THEN, leave it on Jeehover's hands.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

So he will not be "put with any kids in service", aye?

But surely children within the homes will open the door...?!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The tricky situation comes about when the offending pedophile shows repentance for his actions before elders of the Congregation

that he's attending, if he's already been punished from the authorities for past deeds the elders are constrained on what measures to

take while he's among the rest of the congregation. This is the same reason why you hear of accused pedophiles being reinstated

and working their way up to being elders. Another problem arises if the offender says that they have not been charged with

any offense in the courts and these are just simple wrongful accusations. What will the elders do then, most likely nothing. ( no two witnesses )

• life is to short
    life is to short

I do not have a lot of time as I have to get to work.

We had two registered sex offenders one just moved away and the elders could care less never tried to find him to warn the next he went to or anyting.

The other registered sex offender was holding children and when I found out it stopped cold turkey. I was livid, when I found out. I got into huge trouble over it, threated with being DF'ed and marked as a person causing divisions in the hall. And all I did was tell one mom. That was it. I did not make a seen in the hall, I was just standing there this child molester picks up the little girl and starts to dance with her in the back of the Kingdom Hall say her name over and over like she is some girl friend of his. I just turned to the sister standing next to me and said that is so wrong. She asked why and I said he is a registered sex offender. She was shocked as he had been in the hall for 6 years and no had told her. That was the one who ran to the elders and the reason I was threated with being DF'ed and she let her kid sit with the other child molester for weeks after word.

The next child molester is the really scary one. He is called a sexual psychopath according to both is police and court records. But he did his crime in the 70's and got off parole two months before the Megan law came into affect. He clearly raped little girl.

Oh the story I can tell. My husband has been deleted as an elder over it, as this guy shoved him in the hall just last spring. My husband was an elder for 32 years conducted the school having a heart attack and then the elders let me drive my husband alone to the hall but this baby rapist shoves my husband and bam my husband is deleted.

This guy loves to go door to door. Loves to. I know I need to get pictures. He touches kids in the hall. And laughs in my face over it. He has been married twice to JW woman alone not to mention how many time he has been engaged to sisters in the truth all with little girls expect the time he was engaged to my sister who was sexuly abuse long story.

Oh My God. It makes me sick.

I have to run to get to work but I have done what I can. I have begged and pleaded the elders to help me. NOTHING. They love this man.

I have went to the police for the ones who suggested it. That is how I got the police records. This guy is a psychopath he is GOOD. The police cannot do anything until he commits anther crime. So there is nothing I can really do but warn people and show the ones who will look at them the records I have.

Sorry for any misspelled words in this has I am in a hurry.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I feel your pain over this I really do.

I appreciated the sister who came forward risking herself to tell me and my husband about the sex offender in our congregation. The elders told her the same thing that SHE could be disfellowshipped for slander or causing divisions.

Anyway, I went and told several other families. One wierdo mother didn't care one bit even though she had two young boys. She was a WT drone anyway. But when I called another sister with a little girl she totally gasped. She got very histerical and told me that the child molester spent the night at their home just the previous night. Apparently he told the husband he needed a place to stay because he was being abused in his apt complex by a few young men who did not like JW's, the guy was elderly so the brother and sister felt bad and let him stay the night. The molestor tells them he will speak with the elders the next day to see if they can help. Well when I called she knew he purposely thought up a story to get into their home and around their child.

So, was any action taken against this man? NO. Nothing at all. The elders basically blamed the couple for letting the guy stay in their home saying they should have been more careful because the world is filled with child molestors after all and that is why the society prints articles in their publications so the "friends" can be warned.

That is when I told my husband I would not allow my kids to step foot in that kh again! I just stopped attending. They call themselves "friends" but what kind of friend would not warn you of a threat to your child? Also, the elders claim to be appointed by God's holy spirit and yet they cannot measure out even close to the justice a so called "worldly" person would. Society has laws more just then that of this organization that claims to have God's approval.

Yeah, they serve their God alright - the devil. Lilly

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

How did you find out about this sicko?

HB

• flipper
    flipper

IWONDER 17- So after reading all these experiences , and knowing what you know - now you see as Gerard mentioned ( which I agree ) - you have a responsibility to warn parents who have children in your congregation . Do it anonymously as has been mentioned , either by letters mailed to them or any other means- just make sure they are informed. .

We've already seen the elders don't give a damn about these childrens future . Nor does the WT society . Proof of that is in their instructions to elders . Elders are told the FIRST thing they do when child abuse is reported to them is to CALL BETHEL LEGAL ! Not the police authorities. Then Bethel legal tells the elders whether they live in a " reporting " state or a " non-reporting " state which doesn't require them to report it to police authorities.

So the truth of what Sir 82 wrote is very applicable here again and worth repeating , " The WTS is never so vigilant about anything more so than in their efforts to protect themselves from lawsuits. They view all congregation members as potential liabilities and work hard to maintain a significant wall of separation from them." No truer words have been spoken. And it's ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT points on this thread - in my opinion. Because , since this IS TRUE - none of us can look for help in preventing children from getting abused or getting ANY assistance from GB members, legal WT society reps, or elders to prevent it . The bottom line is they only care for their LEGAL BUTTS .

Life is Too Short is right- if enough of us speak out against certain particular child abuse situations we see happening in our local area - then it will enable parents with children to BE INFORMED of pedophiles in their midst - without HAVING to use the elders, GB, or Bethel legal reps as a conduit. I think what posters like Life is Too Short & Lovely Lill 2 are doing is the right procedure . Take it directly to the parents. Bypass the F---ing elders. Sure, there may be repercussions on you to do it that way - but hell - which do we want - Elders being pissed off that we are informing parents to protect their children , or children being molested secretly without it ever coming into the open ? I think we all know the answer.

So with that in mind it's up to each of us INDIVIDUALLY to inform parents about what we know if their children are in harms way and a pedophile is in their midst. Whether that is done anonymously or however - somebody HAS to be courageous enough to do it

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Not only do many of the elders not want to do anything about protecting children from these monsters, sometimes they can be the onces who actively bring them along to the hall.

In a congregation we were in when my son was about 7 the presiding overseer started studying with an inactive (for many years) witness man and brought him along to the Sunday meetings and sat with him up the back. This was a guy who had left his wife and two kids (she had since sent in a letter of disassociation) a few years before. When they were previously in the cong before they split up they were a very sociable family and became good friends with quite a few families with children.

When this man (he would be around 40) was coming back to the Sunday meetings I noticed he used to make a point of smiling at my son when I took him out to the restrooms. For some reason this instinctively made me feel uneasy.

Anyway now he was back some of the young boys who his family had been friends with, had now become teenagers and started to tell their parents of the molesting that had happened at this hands of this monster. Once a couple of them spoke up, others came out of the woodwork from far and wide to tell of their abuse at the hands of this creep. Then it came to light that three of the young teenage boys in the area who had suicided in the past few years had all been victims of this pedophile. Then victims from the community in general (not JWs) started to come forward with their stories - this guy had joined the SES (a volunteer rescue type organisation) and had met victims through there.

So this case was starting to become huge. It turns out that the pedo had an inkling someone might come forward about it so came back to the JWs to somehow show he had reformed.

It was also found out after one of the mothers contacted his ex wife that he had molested his wife's teenage brother. He had kept quite about it up until now as the pedophile had told him that if he told anyone, the pedo would kill his own children. His wife only found this out after all this other stuff was coming to light

By the way the ex wife had never written the letter of disassociation - he had forged it himself to stop any witnesses from talking to her, in case her brother did tell her what had happened to him.

But it had to come to this before the PO did anything and stopped bringing him to meetings. But the PO still kept calling on him to encourage him.

However, much to the relief of everyone, the creep killed himself before it became public and went to court.

Hopscotch

• life is to short
    life is to short

Wow the stories on here like Hopscotch are why I am so mad at this.

Hamesterbait I found out about the psychopath child molester because he dated and became engaged to my sister when we were at Bethel. I knew he had been in prison but never in a million years did I think he was in for rape. When I found out I was livid. How he treated my sister was horrible. Both myself and my sister and were abused sexually abused as children by our parents for me it was especially my mom who molested me. I know mom's do not do that well mine did.

I was so upset that my sister was going to marry a child molester. They started dating in February and plained to me married by April of that year. An elder talked them out of it as he said they were moving to fast and it could cause this child molester to loose the chance to ever advance in the truth to become an MS. My sister was really upset over it but I was so glad. In the mean time my sister took in a sister who had a little girl about six years old as a roommate. My sister intended to be dumped dumped her like a hot rock and married the roommate. They had a little girl together who now about 13 years old.

I never wanted to see this this man again. We came back from Bethel and ran into him at an assembly he saw us from across the building and he had four little girls with him. He knew I hated him and started waving his hand at us like we were long lost friends. It was all just a show to me. What was I going to do call him on it. He came running up to my husband and I with his daughter in his arms and three girls hanging on him. I was so pissed off. I just walked away and he just smiled at me like yeh I have what I want. My husband stayed and talked to him. SICK.

He low and beholds moves to the hall we are in now. I thought the elders knew me. I had told them I had been rapped as a child and all I went through before we ever moved to the hall and all the elders promised me that they would help me deal with my past. Yeh right! How stupid was I.

When he moved I went to all the elders telling them what I knew about him and all the elders I told expect the PO was pissed at me for knowing. That was why I got his court records to prove what I was saying was true. And now I have his police records also. None of the elders will look at them. The records were worse then I thought. One elder was really mad and said I had no place to do that. I was still thinking that the elders cared about me and I thought I was close to this brother. He repeated himself getting more upset and said I had no place to get the records. I just looked at him and said they are public records. I would not have been able to get them unless they were PUBLIC so why is it wrong for me to have them. He was just pissed but could not answer me.

I told one of the elders wives who has a little girl and a boy about 9 years old that he was a child molester and she was the one who told me about the other two molesters in the hall.

I never knew. It turns out that a month after we moved into the hall they made my husband a book study overseer of a level 3 sex offender and I had this man into my home many times for dinner. Granted I do not have kids but the elders had promised me that they would be there for me before we moved our cards over. Yeh there were there for me all right. I met with the whole body of elders and told them I did not want to be around child molesters after what I went through as a kid and the first thing they did was make me be around a pedophile.

OK I have ranted enough for now.

LITS

Oh also we have very few family's with young children in the hall. I have told the ones who I felt would do something but most are like the sister Lovlylil spoke of and they feel that child molesters in the truth are cured.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit