New sex offender in my hall

by Iwonder17 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

Just something that I appreciated recently. I got a "chipped" windshield a few months back. We notified our auto insurance. They said they would have "S......." company come out to fix the nick. The "S......" emailed me that they were sending their associate out to fix. They included his picture, name and that he was bonded, including his background check. I was so impressed with their respect for me to inform me of the man's validity and that they do background checks on their representatives. They understand how the public must feel safe about individuals coming to our door.

With that, I thought it would be great if people demanded the Watchtower organization, to do background checks on their representatives, including badges of certification/verification, that call at their door. Any respectable organization/business should provide that. If not, I would encourage the people to write or call the local Kingdom Hall the put them on the "Do Not Call" territory list.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Lovelylil - Is this guy a child sex offender? If so he cannot go out in service at all because he will come upon homes with children in them and is NOT allowed to be around kids.

Hello there. Do you recall the case of Michael Porter (about two years ago) here in England? It's been well documented on this site. I've tried to find the article which shows him out in service AFTER being given a non-custodial sentence (which was later overturned, I believe) and placed on the sex-offenders' register.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2007/08/24/fury-as-paedophile-escapes-jail-115875-19680587/

Porter was also banned from any unsupervised contact with anyone under the age of 18 and put on the Sex Offenders' Register.
    "They're backing him and haven't thrown him out. He'll still be in contact with children and visiting houses door to door."
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

As a Mother of a child who was molested by a fellow JW I thank those who actually are warning others.

Personally If I found out a child molester was at the KH I would send letters to the sisters in the congregation with a copy of the public record of course I wouldn't sign it so they couldn't know where it came from let the elders hear from a bunch of mothers as to why no one has warned them. Sure you may get a few wackos that will actually believe that Jehovah cured this creep but the majority will be very cautious around him with their children.

As far as these creeps being allowed to be out on service only with another brother or elder?? Come on these molesters are good at what they do! Don't you think they would show up mid week when the sisters are out with their children..Of course the sisters wont know of his past and would be happy to have a brother take the lead in the group and would be equally happy to let their child work with this brother. It only takes a moment for these creeps to get their jollies and to think that the few elders that know of him and his past will be able to protect all the children in their KH is foolish.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I HATE hearing stuff like this.

Most elders are naive idiots if they think "Oh, well he cant work with kids in service" is enough to stop these sick bastards.

If the predators dont get them out in service, they will get them another way - babysitting, befriending families in the hall, etc.

We had the old "Grandpa" type elder who loved the little girls. We had the middle-aged guy who was everyone's "Uncle" who liked the little girls. I wish someone would have known because those MF-ers ruined so many young girls that I grew up with. Of course, one girl came forth and was threated with disfellowshipping for slander (13 years old - my heart still breaks for her)

I have not heard of many cases where these people can be rehabilitated. In my opinion, 99% of them cannot. They should be castrated or better yet, removed from the gene pool.

The only way to protect the kids is to shout it from the rooftops - if I was a JW again and it happened in the congregation, I wouldnt care if they disfellowshipped me because everyone in the congregation would know there is a molester among them.

• sir82
    sir82
    With that, I thought it would be great if people demanded the Watchtower organization, to do background checks on their representatives, including badges of certification/verification, that call at their door.

The WTS is hyper-paranoid about this. They insist that those going out in field misery make absolutely sure that they in no way, shape, or form even slightly intimate that they are "representatives" of the Watchtower.

There was a Service Meeting part on letter writing a few weeks back. In the source material, the TMS book, there was a stern warning to never put the Society's address as a return address on any witnessing letter sent.

There was a BOE letter a year or so ago - elders were strongly admonished to rid any congregational letterheads of symbols that might "confuse" readers as to where the letter was coming from - i.e., no little Watchtower symbols, no open Bibles, nothing even faintly resembling the symbols the WTS uses in their official correspondence.

The WTS is never so vigilant about anything moreso than in their efforts to protect themselves from lawsuits. They view all congregation members as potential liabilities and work hard to maintain a significant wall of separation from them.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> The records call him a sexual psychopath

Please post the Public Information about him that is available on the Sex Offender website.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

IWonder17, if you intend to warn the congregation and/or the public, please learn from Life is Too Short's experience. Once the elders label you as causing divisions, I'm afraid most jws will ignore you.

Life is Too Short, brain dead dubs will listen to the elders, and most "worldly" people already see jws as weird. They probably don't see child molesters going door to door as a threat, because most people just shut the door in their faces. I strongly disagree, but I can understand the apathy. You aren't crazy, and you aren't wrong.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

It's public knowledge..just look on the Megan's Law website to see what sex offenders are living near you. Those who are in denial can

check for themselves....or not. Scary. We had a few suspicious men in our hall when I was a kid. Weirdos.

• flipper
    flipper

Hi, Just spoke with LITS on the phone - she is working a lot of hours, exhausted, may not have time to come on for a while so I'm relaying some things for her.

She has spent a lot of time on trying to right these wrongs , for abour 3 years. Elders, Bethel, congregation members. Unfortunately the elders in her small congregation have let it be known that poor sister LITS is mentally unbalanced. So the people will not talk to her about it.

It started when she found out about the first pedophile (yeah they have 3 ) Only the elders had known this guy was a registerd pedophile, and for 3 years he had been helping out a rather dense single mom by spending a lot of time with her 3 and 6 year old kids. He appeared to be the nice grandfatherly type, studied with the 6 yr old. Carried the mentally retarded 3 year old to the back rooms or outside, alone.

When LITS found out and went to the elders they immediately made it stop - the guy was registered and they had known. So they didn't stop it to protect the kids, but to protect themselves. The other pedophile moved away.

Now, the THIRD pedophile who did 10 years for raping little kids is not on the legal register for pedophiles because his parole was over just months before Megan's law went into effect. This guy is really bad, likes to swagger around the hall, touching the kids. She got his criminal records but the elders refused to look at them and just tell her all the standard crap to make her drop it.

She has sent all the information to Bethel to no effect except that the elders seem really nervous and unfriendly to her and her husband.

In one of her most recent phone conversations with Bethel, she asked if they are going to something about the pedophiles to protect kids. The guy said "We have given the elders clear directions on how to handle child molesters. It is then up to them to follow the directive." LITS asks this guy "What if they dont follow it?" The guy repeated the above sentence verbatim , and again several times when she kept questioning, like a robot. No other answer except " I will not address that issue, and have a nice day, sister.

She has been to police several times, a sexual abuse support group, a lawyer who deals with that stuff. Because the guy's not registered they have to wait until he does something. OK, I'm gonna go hurl now. Mrs. F

edited to add that was sarcasm about LITS being "mentally unbalance". She is actually pretty together!

• readyornot
    readyornot

Sick, sick, sick. How can they possibly ignore the safety and well being of these children but fuss and fume over trivial matters like facial hair! It defies logic, and proves just how warped thinking can poison so many people. How do they sleep at night?

In my old hall there was a brother that killed himself by jumping from a 23 story building. The official reason was 'he was tired, overworked and fell'. Turns out he had been raping his two daughters for years. He was a MS, and all the elders knew. I wish I didn't remember half of this stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit