What is the WORST witness social function you went to and WHY?

by creativhoney 35 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

There was a party at an Elders home just for the teen-aged crowd. The Elders daughter had one album--Beachboys Greatest Hits. It played over and over and over, all night long. I had no way to get home and home was about 10 miles and it was December.

As the album played over and over and over on the LP, one girl, my kinda, sorta friend, Karla, started to dance. She had big boobs and all the guys were interested in watching. She stood alone in the living room doing what I now know would be a pole dance. She writhed and wiggled and danced for about 2 hours, all to the Beach Boys. By herself.

The Sisters were hopping mad. The young Brothers were all gathered around watching Karla *dance*, and all they could do was stand in the kitchen and talk about her. Put down after put down.

Karla was a loner, like myself. Her step-father was a weirdo and wanted to be a MS. She had a half brother and half-sister as a result. Also a full sister living with her.

I later found out that Karla's step-dad was molesting the group of them. I had spent quite a few nights over at that house, too. Karla, her full sister and both half siblings. Sick bastard. Poor kids.

I'll always remember that party because one of the panting young brothers got drunk and ended up DFd over it. (I had a terrible crush on him and will always remember him-can't remember his name though-- )

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Most of our functions weren't that bad. We always had fun and usually ended up drunk! (even the elders in that group, good example, eh?)

The worst would be when I went to a childhood friend's wedding. He married a girl that lived about 1 1/2hr from where we grew up. People in that area are just different (to say the least). The wedding was okay, just very simple and he had most of the elders in his hall be his groomsmen (which was weird, cause he was early 20's and they were all in their 50's)and then the reception....I was praying for someone to shoot me! Boring as hell. They only had one table, that's right one table set up for the bride and groom only. Chairs set around for everyone else. The only thing they served was punch, bowls of peanuts, and bowls of those little colored dinner mints!! The cake was just a simple sheet cake. No music, no booze, just very dry. Everyone was basically sitting and staring at each other. Stayed for about 45 minutes (just out of kindness for him) and made up an excuse I had to leave to go pick up my baby son from the sitter. I was so embarrased for him!

Babygirl....

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

babygirl didnt they all foot the bill? they do that over here a lot.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

All of them, especially weddings

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

CreativHoney, No, Not around here. Usually it's the brides family that takes care of the reception and all the food. The groom's family takes care of the rehearsal dinner.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Danced with a young MS at a sister's house party: Stand about a foot from each other facing each other and hold fingers delecately while gently swinging hands 6 inches from side to side held up in front with feet planted on the floor. Can you see it? It was embarrassing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit