What is the WORST witness social function you went to and WHY?

by creativhoney 35 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

My sister called me tonight, and reminded me of this, I had forgotten. - there was an engagement party and the whole cong was invited. - the fourth of six kids, and it was in a function room with no bar.

everyone was allowed one glass of wine and no one was allowed to bring any. - there was no music rather a collection of entertaining anecdotes all about the bride to be and her family. - it was like 'an audience with' ... though no one cared.

the family had bottles of wine on their table, and the oldest daughter was bladdered as usual.

worst party ever.

• undercover
    undercover

The worst? No one stands out. They were all pretty bad.

Actually the few good ones stand out in memory better. And the ones that I remember as being particularly fun ended up with judicial committee meetings or someone getting reproved.

Ah, good times...

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I just wonder why they bother to invite people if they think they cant be trusted not to have any self control.

I know usually there was one elder and his wife who sat at weddings eating the free food and calling down evil on the choice of music and so on.

• ninja
    ninja

my first invite was to a family where the two daughters (about 5 and 7) tap-danced and shaved us with fake foam and plastic cut throat razors...........honest!!!!...........and no alcohol was involved.........the dad enthralled us with tales of how he could beat up anybody in the block of flats he stayed in......but wouldn't because he was a witness.....and it ended up with a ring a ring a roses finale........flucking fruitcake.....yes you billy watson....and your mad daughters

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

that sounds like a fun night. - sounds like an average night in at my house Ninja. x

• ninja
    ninja

be round soon creativ....get the foam and plastic razors ready.............he he

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

they are already out muahahahahah.

• ninja
    ninja

hope you can tap dance too.....on a wooden board.......portable ...used as a "stage"............just like bill did for his wacky wee siblings

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

have they grown up stable or with issues?

I remember my friends dad. they used to all go for spontaneous drives in the middle of the night..

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I remember camping. This was with a bunch of super good JW. It was awful. They were singing kingdom songs by the camp fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit