What is the WORST witness social function you went to and WHY?

by creativhoney 35 Replies latest jw friends

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I remember camping. This was with a bunch of super good JW. It was awful. They were singing kingdom songs by the camp fire.

I went on an over night hiking trip with some JWs one weekend. We carried on our backs everything we needed that weekend.

One bro not only brought his magazine and bible to study his watchtower lesson, he also packed in the aid book and two bound volumns, so he could really "research" the lesson.

• moshe
    moshe

a hog roasted in a pit, in the woods around 1973-74-everybody standing around talking about how many more months till the big A, would start.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I went to a Bachelor Party for a JW once.

It was a REAL stiffo, and I don't mean the good kind. Completely pointless; a group of guys sitting around drinking soft drinks trying NOT to do or say "the wrong thing." In contrast, a cluster suicide would seem like a Mardi-gras.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think as a social function their funerals are simply infomercials.

Not that funerals are a good time but there is so little talk about the person who died that you would just think you were at one more meeting. I can't say any 1 was worse than the others. They were all pretty dismal

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

I would have to say it would be going to little girls parties where they were talking about boys who were cute and ponyland and crap like that because there were almost no teenagers in my hall... yeah

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I went to a JW wedding where the kitchen at the venue ended up having a grease fire so the fire alarm went off. That sent the entire wedding outside in the pouring rain. When everyone was let back in it wasn't 20 minutes before the alarm went off again and we were all out in the rain again.

I did go to a JW bachelor party as well, we just went to Wright's Chicken Farm and ate a bunch. Of course a bunch of food I don't really care for, so I ate the normal amount and watched an elder eat three bowls full of roasted chicken. This place serves entire chickens in a bowl too, it was insane. I couldn't believe anyone would eat so much.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

My cousin's wedding.

They sliced cheese as an appetizer, covered the plates with plastic wrap, then left them sitting on the tables til the wedding the next day. The cheese was oily and curled up on the edges. Yuck!!

They mashed the potatoes the night before, too, and put them in aluminum trays. They were gray and tasted like tinfoil by the next day. Yuck!!

We drove 800 miles to be there and were virtually ignored in favor of the groom's family, who all lived locally. His family was given wine with the supper. We got none.

When they took family pictures, they took pics of the bride and groom with his family. We were in none of the pictures.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

One bro not only brought his magazine and bible.

Yea now I go camping and bring my magazines (for my Glock)

• parakeet
    parakeet

The worst witness function I attended was any function that had witnesses there.

Why? Because there were witnesses there.

• dissed
    dissed

Greenhornet

Kingdom songs with an occassional koom-by-ya is absolutely disgusting. That comment should be banned by a mod.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit