Christmas

by PSacramento 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

God bless you. I don't know why you can't accept what the Bible truly testifies.

Luke 2:41:43 - 41 Now His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42 And when He became twelve, they went up there according to the custom of the Feast; 43 and as they were returning, after spending the full number of days, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. But His parents were unaware of it

Either way, Jesus Christ already fulfilled all the characteristics of the Passover lamb. There's no doubt about it. If the Passover lamb must be year old, then the lamb would be born exactly 1 year from the day it is slaughter. Clearly the Passover lamb is slaughter on 1st month, 14th day by sacred calendar.

Exodus 12:1-6 - 1 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, 2 "This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household. 4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the people of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight.

Jesus Christ Himself said that He fulfilled the Passover lamb.

Matthew 5:17 - 17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

1 Corinthians 5:7-8 - 7 Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.

Passover must still be kept, not according to the Laws of Moses but the Laws of Christ. Communion is not the body and blood of Christ. It is Passover bread and wine is the body and blood of Christ and Jesus and the Apostles kept the Passover in its appointed time which is the 1st month, 14th day at twilight.

Luke 22:7-15 - 7 Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. 8 Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover."

9 "Where do you want us to prepare for it?" they asked.

10 He replied, "As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, 11 and say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?' 12 He will show you a large upper room, all furnished. Make preparations there."

13 They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.

14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.

Luke 22:19-20 - 19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me." 20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

John 13:15 - 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

Whenever we celebrate the Passover according to Christ example, not only we receive Christ body and blood but also we are able to truly celebrate Christ's birthday on the day of Passover. If celebrate communion, are we truly following God's teachings or men's teachings?

Mark 7:6-9 - 6 He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
    " 'These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
    7 They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are but rules taught by men
    .' 8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men." 9 And he said to them: "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!

The devil abolished the truth of the Passover at the Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D. It means the tree of life was hidden and no one could have eternal life. If you all want to study more, please pm me. God bless you all.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Brofromzion,

None of your post show any evidence or scriptural basis for the belief that Jesus was born during passover, what you are doing is stating your opinion and nothing more.

You are certainbly entitiled to it, just as I am entitiled to disagree and for the record, No I don't think that Jesus was born on Dec 25th and No I don't care if ANY festive occasion has "pagan origins" since virtually EVERYTHING has pagan origins.

• parakeet
    parakeet

PSacramento, your answer to your child about Christmas was great. However, IMHO, it would have been better not to let Grandma put her dub ideas into your child's head in the first place.

When my son was little, I made sure my mother (a dub) understood that visits with her grandson were dependent on her not filling his head with dub trash. With a few exceptions (speedily corrected by me), she complied.

You're the parent. You have the obligation to protect your child from cults, even if they come in the form of Grandma.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Parakeet,

To keep her from Grandma is the only way to keep her from grandma's ideas and while I have contemplated that already, more than once, I am not ready to give up on my mom.

Or to deprive my children of one of their grandmothers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit