Christmas

by PSacramento 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good answer, PSacramento! When your child gets older, you can also say, "The Watchtower never worried about all of the wrong dates it set for armageddon, so it shouldn't be worried about an exact day for Christ's birth."

Sacolton, lovely tree, train and Santa!PS -

Am I the only one who noticed that under your "My Reply" you may have typed incorrectly?
    people chose to celebrate his death on December 25.
    I think you meant celebrate his birth on December 25.

Yes, I noticed it too, but we know what was meant.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was good enough for the angels to observe Jesus' birthday (and none of them got in trouble for that incident). Yet, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells us that we must not "worship the sun".

Funny thing, before I came into the cancer, I never thought of celebrating Christmas as worshiping the sun. Whether Jesus was born on December 25 or not (and I think he was not), December 25 is the date that most people pick to honor Jesus--and that should be enough, whether you believe Jesus was God's Son or simply someone that tried to set mankind free from religion. Besides, it is a lot of fun to set up the Christmas tree, write up the cards, visit people you have not seen in a while, get and give presents wrapped in pretty paper, and listen to Christmas carols.

• lrkr
    lrkr

How about this- I dont believe Jesus was born on 12/25, I dont really even accept that his life really had any of the religious significance ascribed by the 4 gospels- but I really love christmas.

Its so great to have a tree in the house, have some time off to rejoice with friends, contemplate the next years goals and aspirations. Its for a reason the people have celebrated at this time of year for the last 3000 years. (PS- I dont believe in Saturn either- but I don't hold it against the romans for celebrating his day)

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yes good answer. Here's more

Romans 14:5-9 (New International Version)

5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Tell her if people consider December 25th to be a special day then they do it for Jesus who is Lord and they give thanks to God as the bible says.

Blessings,

Stephen

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

For many people, Christmas has become a tradition where they would exchange gifts and just be happy. One of the main reason people celebrate Christmas is because they said that "it is the birthday of Jesus Christ ". However if we study the Bible, we will see that nowhere we can find Christmas as Jesus Christ birthday. But we know that Jesus Christ, the very God who created the heavens and earth, was born as a man just like us. So that would mean Jesus Christ has a birthday just like any man born in this world right? So when is Jesus Christ birthday? Let's study this through the Bible. Today it is only the World Mission Society Church of God, who has received the 2nd Coming Christ Ahnsahnghong, has revealed this mystery that was hidden for a very long time. In order for us to understand this, first let's see how Jesus Christ was born during His time. Luke 2:8-12 - 8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

Ok let's analyze this. Shepherds and their flocks are "out in the field at night". If this is during winter time, no one would stay outside because it gets very cold on that part of the world. All shepherds and their flocks would be inside their houses if its winter time. So we can say that this is during summer or spring time. Then Jesus is just wrapped in cloths in a manger. Just think about it. Now we'll let the Bible continue to speak the truth.

Luke 2:1-7 - 1 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to his own town to register.

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Historically, Census would take place in the spring during the Roman Empire. Then we see Mary and Joseph went to register. Then it makes sense that Jesus Christ were born during spring time, not winter time. Also, the Feasts of Passover's appointed time is in the spring, so the inns are very busy. Again its impossible for Jesus Christ to be just wrap in a cloth outside in a manger on a dead cold winter? Ok let the Word of God speak the truth.

Ezra 10:9 - 9 Within the three days, all the men of Judah and Benjamin had gathered in Jerusalem. And on the twentieth day of the ninth month, all the people were sitting in the square before the house of God , greatly distressed by the occasion and because of the rain.

Ezra 10:13 - 13 But there are many people here and it is the rainy season; so we cannot stand outside. Besides, this matter cannot be taken care of in a day or two, because we have sinned greatly in this thing.

Truly it is very bad time of the year. People cannot stand outside because of rain. Ninth month of lunar calendar is equal to around December by solar calendar. Bible said it clearly. Jesus Christ is not born on a winter season.

Now the question is when is Jesus Christ birthday? Since we have a idea that Jesus Christ was born on a spring season, let's study a prophecy that Jesus Christ fulfilled. According to the Bible, Jesus Christ came as the reality of the Passover Lamb. Every characteristics of the Passover Lamb in the Old Testament were fulfilled by Jesus Christ. So let's get started.

Characteristics of Passover Lamb in the Old Testament.

Exodus 12:1-2 - 1 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, 2 "This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year.

Exodus 12:5 - 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats.

Exodus 12:6 - 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the people of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight.

Exodus 12:13 - 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

Exodus 12:46 - 46 "It must be eaten inside one house; take none of the meat outside the house. Do not break any of the bones.

Now let's see how Jesus Christ came as the reality of the Passover Lamb.

1 Corinthians 5:7 - 7 Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

1 Peter 1:18-19 - 18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

John 6:53-54 - 53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 19:32-36 - 32 The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. 33 But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. 34 Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. 35 The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. 36 These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken,"

Ok now let's gather the characteristics of the Passover Lamb with fulfillment by Christ:

Old Testament(lamb animal):

- Must be lamb

- Born on 1st month/14th day/Twilight

- Male Lamb without defect

- Use flesh and blood of Lamb

- No broken bones

New Testament(Jesus Christ):

- Passover Lamb

- Male Lamb without defect

- Flesh and blood of Jesus

- No broken bones Hmmm aren't we missing something for Jesus Christ? You got it. If Jesus Christ is the perfect fulfillment of the Passover Lamb, then it means that Christ would be born 1st month 14th day at twilight right? Remember that the lamb must be "a year old". So that would mean that the lamb was born exactly one year ago when it is slaughtered at the appointed time(1st month 14th day at twilight by Lunar calendar). Exactly. Jesus Christ was born on the day when the Feast of the Passover is celebrated. Christ even said it with His own lips that He came to fulfill the Laws of the Old Testament.

Matthew 5:17 - 17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Jesus Christ is in fact born on the Passover day, on the 1st month 14th day at twilight by Lunar calendar. That's Jesus Christ also told us to keep the Passover of the New Covenant , Christ body(bread) and blood(wine) on its appointed time. Actually the Bible also reveal that Jesus Christ was in fact born on the Passover day when He turned 12 years old. Let's take a look.

Luke 2:41-43 - 41 Now His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42 And when He became twelve, they went up there according to the custom of the Feast. 43 and as they were returning, after spending the full number of days, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. But His parents were unaware of it

How clear is that? Also, Jesus Christ told us to celebrate the Passover bread and wine on its appointed time. Luke 22:7-15 - 7 Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. 8 Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover."

9 "Where do you want us to prepare for it?" they asked.

10 He replied, "As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, 11 and say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?' 12 He will show you a large upper room, all furnished. Make preparations there."

13 They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.

14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.]

Luke 22:19-20 - 19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me." 20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Clearly Jesus Christ commanded us to keep the Passover bread and wine. Many celebrate communion, thinking it is the body and blood of Christ . However, Jesus told us to keep the Passover, not communion, on it's appointed time, not whenever we feel like. Do you know why? Because: when we celebrate the Passover, we are actually celebrating Jesus Christ birthday and we can receive eternal life by celebrating it.

John 6:53-56 - 53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Clear? Now some people said that Passover is "only for Israelites ". Really? Then let's see through the Bible.

Galatians 3:26-29 - 26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Truly. Those who belong in Christ are Abraham's seed meaning they are spiritual Israelites and heirs according to the promise. Through the Passover body and blood of Christ, we become family of Christ spiritually, just as physical family are connected through blood. That's why Christ said it best.

Matthew 12:46-50 - 46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you."

48 He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 6: 55 - 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

The World Mission Society Church of God celebrates the Passover, Christ body and blood on its appointed time, not communion. Please celebrate the Passover so that we can receive eternal life, become Christ family and truly celebrate the true birthday of Jesus Christ . All the glory to our Heavenly Father Christ Ahnsahnghong and Mother Jerusalem who has revealed us the secret knowledge of kingdom of heaven and who will give us eternal life in these last age. God bless you all.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I noticed the typo too and was sitting here reading through the responses questioning myself 'didn't he die around easter???'...LOL! Then I got to Bystanders reply and thought 'phew...I wasn't going crazy'...hehe!

• sacolton
    sacolton

brofromzion,

Interesting read. You're suggesting that Jesus was born April 14th?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The NT is quoue inconclusive with the clues in rgeards to Jesus's Birth.

IF he was born on the mots holy of days ( periods), Passover, then it would have been mentioned, just as it is mentioned over an dover again in the Gospels of the times he was in Jerusalem for the passover.

Roman census's would have been done when it would NOT effect harvests ie: tax revenue times, so it is plausable that they would have been done before the planting season or after the harvest, so early spring/late winter, to late fall/early winter.

It mentiones that Jesus was born 6 months after John the baptise, or something liek that, so we can get a possible idea from there.

We do knwo that there must have been a celebration or festival at the time because there were no vacancies, so it is possibel that it COULD have been passover OR the Festival of Dedication, or it couls be that the palces was full because of the census, but that we don't knwo one way or another for sure.

As for the sheep being out, well, that that can be viewed in different ways but in the end theone thing we do know is that the NT does not say when he was born exactly, but then again it doesn't sat when he died exactly too, other than during the passover period.

Which is pretty consistent with OT and NT writers that they tend to not mark dates as much as events.

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

God bless you all. We must only listen to God's testimony, not men's own opinion. Clearly Jesus Christ came as the fulfillment of Passover lamb.

1 Corinthians 5:7-8 - 7 Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.

That's why Christ Himself that He came to fulfill the Passover, not to abolish it.

Matthew 5:17 - 17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Should we listen to men's opinion or what truly the Bible testifies? Jesus Christ is the reality of the Passover lamb. Every single characteristics of the Passover lamb in the Old Testament was fulfilled by Christ, so that makes Christ the reality of the Passover lamb. And those who truly accept God's words will accept this truth.

John 8:47 - 47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.

Only listen to God's Words, the Bible, not to men's opinion.

Luke 2:41-43 - 41 And his parents went yearly to Jerusalem at the feast of the passover. 42 And when he was twelve years old, and they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast 43 and had completed the days, as they returned, the boy Jesus remained behind in Jerusalem, and his parents knew not of it.

On Jesus 12th birthday is the day of Passover which is the 1st month, 14th day by sacred calendar. God bless you all.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Brofromzion,

Luke doesn't say Jesus TURNED 12, but WAS 12, big difference my friend.

To quote your own words:

Only listen to God's Words, the Bible, not to men's opinion.

What you just did above was YOUR opinion and not God's word, for God's word is Jesus ( not just the bible) and it does NOT stated that they went to Jerusalem on Jesus's BDAY, it say the went on the passover and that happen when Jesus was 12 ( probably to show why he was allowed to speak in the synagogue).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit