My sister escapes, and is moving in with me...

by creativhoney 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Well, I'm really happy to say that my sister has seen sense and exited. she has decided not to go to the elders and have a judical because as she sees it, they have nothing over her and she does not need to answer them.

my family are very good at the ignoring. - they have completely and utterly cut me off. the other day my sister went to my mother to try and tell her why she was leaving and my mum just said 'I dont want to know' - how bad is that and where is the principle in it? if they are so vehement about cutting me off because Im a wrongdoer, why do they refuse my sisters confession?

my family are so OTT that even my nephews and nieces who are adults and married and quite wishy washy in the 'truth' ie not baptized, have also shunned me. (but they are all under the control of my mum) - they tell my sister they miss me. - I am glad for her she is in that position, because maybe she can be a positive influence.

she is coming to live with me, after the elders telling her in the past it was better to live with worldlys than me, shes been out a couple of months now and is finally leaving behind the string of bad people she has had to live with.

it all seems so backward, I struggle to make sense of it, but I am so excited to have my sister with me again.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Cool. I hope you have a ball together.

Cheers

Chris

• cantleave
    cantleave

Take Care of each other.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry about your family, great about your sister being out.

she has decided not to go to the elders and have a judical because as she sees it, they have nothing over her and she does not need to answer them.

Awesome thought.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Sorry to hear your mom is such a controlling matriarch, but at least you've rescued your sister from the Borg. Congratulations to you!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Great news!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Great news indeed!

Have fun with your sister! Hopefully you can get through to your mother eventually. Don't give up! Maybe you can slip her a print out of some excerpts from COC? It couldn't hurt.

Cheers,

The Oracle

• chickpea
    chickpea

she is lucky to have a place to land
    where someone already has a grip
    on life beyond the b0rg...

both of you are lucky!!

YES... i used the "L" word.....

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was thinking that I'm glad I'm not the only one with a crazy family like that, but I can't. I simply can't wish that on anyone. I'm sorry yours is so wacked out, just like mine.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

thank you all. sending my mum anything wouldnt make a difference, she is more stubborn than believing - but my nephews and nieces may be worked upon, especially since they arent baptized, so the more of my family on our side, the more reason for my mother to rethink her actions.

and yes - awesome idea about them having nothing on her - I like her style I wish Id thought of it - although the peace is good I have to admit, no elders phoning and trying to reindoctrinate me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit